Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Brand X remastered

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    What tool did you rip with?

Just trying to avoid problems.
    I used windows media player to rip the box, and mp3tag to tag it into separate albums and then dumped 'em on my mp3 player in place of my vinyl recordings.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    mp3tag - piece of cake
    This was a pain in the ass!!

Maybe you like tagging files...

Thanks for the info anyway,

This was a pain in the ass!!

Maybe you like tagging files...

Thanks for the info anyway,
    Sorry, maybe you just didn't get the hang of the software yet. It really is easy.

Sorry, maybe you just didn't get the hang of the software yet. It really is easy.
    Just renumbering the files in file names and tags, adding the proper album names, artwork etc. is a nuisance.

CTTOI, I could probably have gotten the tool to recognize the albums and do the tagging. Oh well...

Just renumbering the files in file names and tags, adding the proper album names, artwork etc. is a nuisance.

CTTOI, I could probably have gotten the tool to recognize the albums and do the tagging. Oh well...
    Agree wholeheartedly...tagging is a pain. I've got a pretty good workflow at this point on my Mac using a combo of Max, xACT and XLD (and one AppleScript to send metadata from iTunes to Max when I like the iTunes metadata better than what Max gives me from Musicbrainz) all of which are free to use/donationware. xACT in particular is super useful as it allows you to tag a whole bunch of FLACs at once from a .txt file or list of tracks copied to the clipboard. Still, none of the existing tools make it super easy to address this particular case of multiple albums compiled and stretched across several discs when you would then want to tag BACK into their original source album (same issue with National Health 'Complete' though less work being only 3 source albums). One of burdens of progdom I suppose
    Daily jazz vinyl reviews on Instagram @jazzandcoffee

Who's the genius who decided that the liner notes should get printed on the insert of the fatboy case behind the plastic?
    Heh, heh! The one thing that sucks about getting old is that I can no longer read the notes on any CDs. Anyway, I was surprised to get a copy of Nuclear Burn in the mail today. I ordered it weeks ago. Disc one sounds really good!

Quote Originally Posted by Reid View Post
    Heh, heh! The one thing that sucks about getting old is that I can no longer read the notes on any CDs. Anyway, I was surprised to get a copy of Nuclear Burn in the mail today. I ordered it weeks ago. Disc one sounds really good!
    ^^I agree. Just got mine in the mail and disc 1 sounds very good. I haven't had a chance to compare it to my other discs, but so far I'm liking it.

The info in the booklet is actually arranged pretty nicely. They actually took into account the type color and the background color and adjust as needed.

just got this enjoying it a lot so far. i only had brand x on vinyl before so nice to have in the car and at work.

one complaint though is the lack of b-side pool room blues and genocide of the straights from the EP X-cerpts. not the most amazing tracks but seems like a good opportunity to include them for completeness sake.

i think this would have been perfect as a 5 disc set with those and is there anything about included. it also would have allowed them to make the sequencing a little more friendly (no one track of a album on another disc stuff)

oh well can't complain too much for the price.

Just renumbering the files in file names and tags, adding the proper album names, artwork etc. is a nuisance...
    Why, mp3's are a nuisance. They eat up their food supply in the forest, then migrate to our green belts and ravages our crops. The sooner they are exterminated, the better. It's a question of vinyl survival.

A reminder: BRAND X IS NOT BEING PAID FOR THIS RELEASE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    http://www.progressiveears.org/forum...l=1#post336915

what is available that they are being paid for though?

i was very excited when it was announced they were going on tour again but i guess that isn't happening now (any info people?). would love to support the players but i don't think they have a official website or anything as far as i know.

I didn't want to go through life never having heard Brand X.

Quote Originally Posted by gojikranz View Post
    would love to support the players but i don't think they have a official website or anything as far as i know.
    http://buckyballmusic.com/

wisht they would reissue trilogy been wanting that for a while.