Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rachel Flowers --Larks Tongues in Aspic Part 1

Quote Originally Posted by Beetlebum View Post
    Hi Jeanie, that's wonderful to hear.

Personally, I like Vienna Instruments, but they are pricey!
    Rachel is currently using Garritan and it's great for a lot of things, but she has been researching the other libraries and has been extremely impressed by Vienna. One of these days...

chalkpie
    Mrs. Rachel's Mom - Congratulations on your daughters achievements. Its safe to say that she is a total and utter musical genius, but I'm sure you already know that Really looking forward to seeing this documentary so I can learn more about her. BTW, as a huge classical fan I love to see that she is digging music like Ligeti and Debussy besides the prog stuff.

Do you know if she has ever attempted to tackle Ives Concord Sonata? Its one of the most difficult piano pieces I can think of (maybe along with Ligeti's Etudes).

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Do you know if she has ever attempted to tackle Ives Concord Sonata? Its one of the most difficult piano pieces I can think of (maybe along with Ligeti's Etudes).
    Hi - not to my knowledge... but then again she has an extensive musical life and I can't keep track of all her interests. I never know what to expect from her! ~ jeanie

And an awesome Gentle Giant cover

https://soundcloud.com/rachelflowers...le-giant-cover

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard View Post
    Are there videos of Rachel playing guitar? I love watching her keyboard vids on YT, would love to watch her playing some of those tricky Zappa and Fripp guitar parts.
    A friend of ours shot some video of Rachel on guitar and gave it to me. I have to take a look at it and see what the heck it is, but Rachel is definitely wanting to post some guitar!

Like Wow.... Just Like Wow
    www.artbykgh.com

Wherein one can peruse all manner of Digital Artwork & Photography. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    Here is part 2 - amazing !
    Impressive, to say the least. Rachel's attention to detail in terms of timbre and the idiosyncrasies of musician's styles never ceases to amaze me.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Hi Jeannie - The greatest compliment I can pay to the staggering phenomenon that is your child (other than helping to support the film), is to tell you (& Rachel, I hope) that at 70, I'm elated that I'm still around to hear her genius, and every time I hear her play, my big wish, just like rapidfirebob's, is to hear her perform live.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Geez, she even has Bruford's snare drum sound down pretty well. Rachel is such an impressive talent. Jeannie, thanks for sharing this latest recording of hers. Any update on what she's been doing regarding perhaps making her own music?

Fantastic. Condratulations to brilliant performer.

I have repeated this every time a thread about Rachel comes up, and I may have already done it once in this thread but it is worth repeating:

"IGGY..............."
    "The woods would be very silent if the only birds that sang were those who sang best..." - Henry David Thoreau

Mind blowing work. Wow.

Whoa! That is pretty darned great!
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

Have you heard her version of Inca Roads? Phenomenal.

What an inspiration Rachel Flowers is. I'm hoping all her musical dreams come true and I bet they will.

the title is from a monty python called crunchy frog back in 1969

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Wow! Just, Wow!! No, Wowee!

Quote Originally Posted by statto View Post
    the title is from a monty python called crunchy frog back in 1969
    No, that was Lark's Vomit. Or maybe even Larks' Vomit.

I notice ElephantTalk Wiki describes 'aspic' as 'tomato jello', which isn't right.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel's Mom View Post
    Hi Beetlebum,

Yes, Rachel is very much into composition and she writes constantly. She is very particular, as you might guess. Much of her writing is orchestral, and finding the right sound libraries to produce the exact sounds she is looking for is just about the only thing holding her back at the moment. You will be hearing more of her original writing pretty soon - knock on wood!!
    jeanie
    Calling Dave Kerzner....where are you Squids? You two need to meet up!

Quote Originally Posted by Leibowitz View Post
    What an inspiration Rachel Flowers is. I'm hoping all her musical dreams come true and I bet they will.
    One of them just did