Thread: Christoph Heeman/Andreas Martin..Lebenserinnerungen Eines Lepidopterologen-2cd comp.

Christoph Heeman/Andreas Martin..Lebenserinnerungen Eines Lepidopterologen-2cd comp.

(Say that title five times fast).....but seriously folks

Heemann and Martin are German sonic surrealists who put out solo records under their own names and collaborations in and out of a group called Hirsche Nicht Auf Sofa(HNAS).They were influenced by Nurse With Wound, early Chrome,The Residents and possibly by L.A.F.M.S.(Los Angeles Free Music Society).

The music seems to me to have elements of "musique concrete",cut and paste tape weirdness,snatches of German pop music,a touch of Krautrock.The feel is not dry, forbidding or academic.There's humor, a touch of whimsy at times but these are very serious musicians, making challenging but approachable music.

There's a superb 2-cd compilation on Robot Records, titled Lebenserinnerungen Eines Lepidopterologen, which has solo tracks from each man, as well as duo pieces.I highly recommend it.I post a few tracks for your listening pleasure.Enjoy.

Last edited by walt; 10-17-2014 at 07:37 AM.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Huge fan here. Got all HNAS albums + some of their earlier solos. Plus the Damenbart and Brigitte krautrock curiosities that have HNAS members involved (in disguise).
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post
    Huge fan here. Got all HNAS albums.

Only H.N.A.S i have(other than the tracks on the 2cd comp on Robot Records) is Im Schatten Der Mohre, which is a stone cold masterpiece.

If you get the chance, get "Bitte Werfen Sie Ihren Müll Aus Dem Fenster" LP on Freedom In A Vacuum. The closest H.N.A.S. ever got to 70s krautrock.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post
    If you get the chance, get "Bitte Werfen Sie Ihren Müll Aus Dem Fenster" LP on Freedom In A Vacuum. The closest H.N.A.S. ever got to 70s krautrock.

Discogs lists a reasonably priced used cd that includes tracks from Bitte Werfen...........I may just push the button on this.Thanks for the recommendation.

"Heemann",not Heeman.

My mistake.

"Melchior" is also a wonder to the ears. On a more experimental twist, influenced by Nurse With Wound (it also had the direct involvement of Steven Stapleton) it is an ideal place to start exploring H.N.A.S.

Also check the dark/ambient/post industrial project MIRROR (Heemann and Andrew Chalk) and sapaced-out avant krautrockers MIMIR (Heemann,Edward Ka-Spel and Silver Man from Legendary Pink Dots , and Jim O’Rourke) that have released some especially strong albums.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

I received Christoph Heemann-Invisible Barrier today.Can't wait to spin it.

The Mimir sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by walt View Post
    (Say that title five times fast).....but seriously folks

Heemann and Martin are German sonic surrealists who put out solo records under their own names and collaborations in and out of a group called Hirsche Nicht Auf Sofa(HNAS).They were influenced by Nurse With Wound, early Chrome,The Residents and possibly by L.A.F.M.S.(Los Angeles Free Music Society).

The music seems to me to have elements of "musique concrete",cut and paste tape weirdness,snatches of German pop music,a touch of Krautrock.The feel is not dry, forbidding or academic.There's humor, a touch of whimsy at times but these are very serious musicians, making challenging but approachable music.

There's a superb 2-cd compilation on Robot Records, titled Lebenserinnerungen Eines Lepidopterologen, which has solo tracks from each man, as well as duo pieces.I highly recommend it.I post a few tracks for your listening pleasure.Enjoy.

[/video]
    Never heard it,great stuff.