Thread: Knight Area - Hyperdrive now in stock

Knight Area - Hyperdrive now in stock

Knight Area's fifth album finds the lineup and sound retooled a bit.

https://www.lasercd.com/cd/hyperdrive

Man, I haven't listened to these guys in years. I think I have their first three lying around. I'll have to dust them off and give them a spin...

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Knights Who Say "Ni" Area

Yeah, not sure what they were thinking when it was 'name the band' time. I would like to know what were some of the choices on the cutting room floor.

That being said, never really listened to any samples. Will have to check them out.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    It's an area for knights.

Knight Area fan here. "Realm of Shadows" is their best, but their last one "Nine Paths" was very good also. I've heard some things which have me worried about the new one, but I won't make a judgment until I hear it.

I like these guys a lot, I've got everything they've done including the live album and their EP. Haven't heard any samples of the new one but it's pre-ordered, I'll just check it out when it arrives.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Would love to hear your thoughts Progatron. Also a big fan with all their stuff, but the descriptions of the new disc are worrisome.

Progstreaming-webmaster Sunhillow's Avatar
    Why not form your own opinion. For the next two weeks only, "Hyperdrive" is featured at Progstreaming.

My first impressions of this album are that it's alright, just alright.
    There are some interesting guitar parts, some excellent keyboard moments and some good to very good songs. Also some interesting singing and vocal harmonies.
    But the songs are very short. Well, OK, the last It Bites album also consisted mainly of tracks with length between five or six minutes and they proved that it's possible to create an album where even that kind of material is exciting.
    Here the album as a whole just feel so...uninteresting...I like the overall hard edged sound, but some of the passages and guitar parts are soooo basic and simplistic. It feels like a hard rock album.
    The last track which is the longest was such a disappointment. It lacks some kind of creativity.
    I would say that the album has some good tunes, but overall as a package or collection of songs it has somewhat of a disjointed feel. They should keep this hard edged sound and write/produce a more creatively exciting album with longer songs and more ideas. I see potential here.