Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: That gum you like is going to come back in style!!

I think this is posturing and publicity. When push comes to shove, I think Lynch will do the show.

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    I think this is posturing and publicity. When push comes to shove, I think Lynch will do the show.
    I don't see that happening at all. Unless they give him what he wants.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    The weirdness for weirdness sake wore thin with me two-thirds of the way through the first season. Lynch can be a real kook.
    I watched some of the first show because I'd heard so much about how weird the whole thing is. I kept wondering when the weirdness was going to start and finally stopped watching. it is possible that it does not reach my standards for 'weirdness." i.e., if I think something is weird, then it's pretty fucking weird. A long time ago I overhead one of my wife's cousins mention The Gods Must Be Crazy, saying 'that was weird!" in a dismissive way. that informed me that she and I did not have much in common.

I LOVED Eraserhead. I bought the soundtrack.

Weirdness doesn't really set in until several episodes in but if you want to jump straight into the deep end of the pool just rent Fire Walk With Me (the movie) (WARNING: that will give spoilers for the show, while simultaneously making no sense whatsoever).

Quote Originally Posted by davis View Post
    I watched some of the first show because I'd heard so much about how weird the whole thing is. I kept wondering when the weirdness was going to start and finally stopped watching. it is possible that it does not reach my standards for 'weirdness." i.e., if I think something is weird, then it's pretty fucking weird. A long time ago I overhead one of my wife's cousins mention The Gods Must Be Crazy, saying 'that was weird!" in a dismissive way. that informed me that she and I did not have much in common.

I LOVED Eraserhead. I bought the soundtrack.
    The Gods must be Crazy is anything but weird. It is hilarious, though. The same production company also made a hilarious documentary called "Animals are Beautiful People." Really clever and highly recommended. I think it took an Oscar.

Now, "Eraserhead" is definitely the weirdest modern movie I've ever seen. In fact, the entire movie can be seen on YouTube in installments. I had my daughter (who was, I guess, 16 at the time) check it out. She still hasn't recovered two years later. I actually have a photo of the girl in the radiator as a desktop picture that I put up every once in a while to freak the poor kid out.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"