Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ROSfest 2015 Lineup Announcements

Glass Hammer should be great. They were incredible at 3RP!

I thought Enchant were third on the slot. I take it they switched spots? Honestly I'm surprised GH are not going to be the headliners.

I said to myself that I was going to cancel my hotel reservation based on who the final band announced was. For now I'm still going to try to go.

Banned
    From the website: The complete lineup for RoSfest 2015 is:

Friday: Heliopolis & Spock’s Beard

Saturday: Strattman, Sonus Umbra, Abel Ganz, & Haken

Sunday: Lo-Fi Resistance, Synaesthesia, Glass Hammer, & Enchant

Quote Originally Posted by markwoll View Post
    Well, it looks like Glass Hammer is the final band for Sunday. Enchant is the closer.
    glass hammer announced as the third band on sunday enchant to headline/
    Well, that's a kick in the balls for me. Because I have a son who needs to go to school the next day, I always have to skip the Sunday headliner so that I can get the family home at a reasonable time.

Now, instead of looking forward to Sunday, I have to consider whether to skip it or not. (Glass Hammer does nothing for me.)

Congrats to Enchant getting a deserving headlining spot but selfishly I wish they were in their original slot so that I could see them again.

Interesting. Is it possible for the third band to still be considered a "headliner?" I remember back about maybe 2008 I think it was Crack the Sky was suppose to be the headliner for one of the nights but Wishbone Ash wound up going on after them. An announcement was made that Crack the Sky were still to be considered the headliner though(or maybe co headliner). Personally I think Glass Hammer should be considered the headliner because imo they are more well known(and more of a draw)than Enchant but maybe Enchant were chosen because the singer is also in Spock's Beard(I don't know). I actually don't care much for GH either but I still think we should give respect to a band who deserves it.

Over the years I have determined that I decide the headliner acts, in concert with or in spite of the published ( proposed ) headliner.
    I think a multi-day festival like Rosfest with a wide array of bands will draw a wide range of tastes in the audience.
    I have left plenty of shows after my favored band ( usually not the headliner ) is done and I am not 'feeling' the headliner.
    Because Rosfest ( and the like ) is more of a curated show, rather than a stop on a national tour I give all of the bands my undivided attention.
    Perhaps there is something there ( that a band is doing ) that I have not picked up on before.
    I can't think of few better places or crowds to see a new or familiar band perform.
    Come on May!
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

I'm psyched... Enchant is the headliner!!!

They all get a long set time and professional sound and crew so "headlining' is actually not the best slot if you think about it. If you're next to last someone can go to dinner and miss you and if you're last, someone can figure they can beat the traffic and go home early.

Quote Originally Posted by 3RDegree_Robert View Post
    They all get a long set time and professional sound and crew so "headlining' is actually not the best slot if you think about it. If you're next to last someone can go to dinner and miss you and if you're last, someone can figure they can beat the traffic and go home early.
    Yeah I went to RF in 2013 and left most of my money at home(by accident)so I couldn't afford to stay at the hotel another night and went home before Shadow Gallery came on so I missed them. For one thing I wasn't that stoked to see them and also there was the beat the traffic factor as well. Being that I lived about three hours away(still do I guess)I just figured it made sense. From what I gather I didn't miss much.
    Last edited by Digital_Man; 11-09-2014 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    Yeah I went to RF in 2013 and left most of money at home(by accident)so I couldn't afford to stay at the hotel another night and went home before Shadow Gallery came on so I missed them. For one thing I wasn't that stoked to see them and also there was the beat the traffic factor as well. Being that I lived about three hours away(still do I guess)I just figured it made sense. From what I gather I didn't miss much.
    Sorry to all Shadow Gallery fans, but Kay & I left after 2 songs. I don't hate prog metal at all (have music in my collection by DT, Symph X, Threshhold, Vanden Plas & several female-fronted prog-metal bands so it ain't that).
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

^Same here. I thought POS and Riverside (even though they are somewhat light for a metal band)were really great that year.

I'm sorry people felt that way about Shadow Gallery. In my case, I was waiting two decades to see them. As said above, I needed to leave before seeing them, but it was palatable because I was seeing them at ProgPower (and I thought they were worth the wait. Great show.)

Meanwhile, last year I knew nothing about Collage, so missing them was no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Sorry to all Shadow Gallery fans, but Kay & I left after 2 songs. I don't hate prog metal at all (have music in my collection by DT, Symph X, Threshhold, Vanden Plas & several female-fronted prog-metal bands so it ain't that).
    I loved Shadow Gallery's set, but it is really tough for prog metal bands like them to get over well at a prog festival. Prog metal thrives on audience energy and to some extent participation. Something that you don't have much of at 8 hour seated prog festivals. Prog metal never worked all that well at NEARfest either for the same reason.

Banned
    RoSfest has been known for its afterhours parties also known as the hootenannies. This year we bring you Chicago’s premier ELP tribute band Fanfare as they will be performing a two hour set starting at 11:30 on Friday night at the afterhours party in the banquet room of the RoSfest host hotel The Aspire.

On Saturday night May 3rd Chicago’s Might Could which is known for their tight instrumental music and interlocking guitar parts will be performing a one hour set on Saturday night followed by the hootenanny with RoSfest performing artists and patrons playing whatever they feel like playing. That’s what makes these parties fun!