Thread: Listening to Univers Zero Relapse Archive 1984-1986 for the first time

Listening to Univers Zero Relapse Archive 1984-1986 for the first time

Man, why did it take the threat of possibly never being able to buy this if I don't act to finally get it?! Some cool stuff on this disc. After I'm done ripping this onto the hard drive, I'm moving onto Heresie!

Relapse is amazing and is Heresie going to be your second UZ album? I'd highly recommend UZED and Heatwave as well.
    "The wind is slowly tearing her apart"
    Sad Rain
    Anekdoten

Ceux du Dehors. Then Heresie. Then the debut s/t. Then Uzed.

But it's all good. Quite. A lot.

You've got the Present albums, right? Triskaidekaphobie and Le Poison Qui Rend Fou? The latter, in particular, is en par with everything UZ.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Ceux Du Dehors, Heresie, 1313, Uzed, Heatwave. Great reco to then switch to Present
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by mellotron storm View Post
    Relapse is amazing and is Heresie going to be your second UZ album? I'd highly recommend UZED and Heatwave as well.
    Heresie would be UZ album numero tres for moi (and yes, I know I just sentences contains three different languages, none of which I'm particularly fluent in). I've actually had 1313, the old CD reissue of the first album for ages now, but I never got followed through and picked up any of the other albums, until the threat of them not being ever available again to me appeared on the horizon, so I'm sort of taking matters into my own hands now.

Cux Du Hors will probably in my next Wayside order along with whatever the next album after that is. I'm gonna buy them in groups of two or three.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post

You've got the Present albums, right? Triskaidekaphobie and Le Poison Qui Rend Fou? The latter, in particular, is en par with everything UZ.
    I've got Triskaidekaophobie and the first live album. The Present catalog is another one I've put off for ages. I think I didn't get Live until, once again, Steve F posted a low stock warning on the website. Geez, that must have about at least 10 years ago.

Funny story: remember when they did that DVD of NEARfest 2005, I think it was, and they showed the trailers before each band the next year? Well, that next year was my friend Terri's first time to NEARfest, and she heard just a few seconds of Present during whichever trailer it was, and says to me in the car, "Oh, I don't know how that Present band is, but that sounded good". I said, "Well, I happen to have the live album in the car, you want to listen". And within in like a minute she had fallen in love with the band.

So then the next day, I'm trying to act all hip, like I think I'm Shep Gordon or somebody, and introduced her to Dave Kerman. Yeah, like me and Dave were old friends or something. As Noah said when God ordered him to build the ark, "Riiiight!".
    Last edited by GuitarGeek; 10-03-2014 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Heresie would be UZ album numero tres for moi (and yes, I know I just sentences contains three different languages, none of which I'm particularly fluent in). I've actually had 1313, the old CD reissue of the first album for ages now, but I never got followed through and picked up any of the other albums, until the threat of them not being ever available again to me appeared on the horizon, so I'm sort of taking matters into my own hands now.
    Wow, you are in for a treat. Everything through Heatwave is a must-own. I'd repeat the recommendation to check out early Present if you like what you hear, and if you like the more-chamber-but-less-rock moments, Art Zoyd as well.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    It's lovely. Especially the renditions of The Funeral Plain and Heatwave.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

If you like Relapse, Uzed and Heatwave are the studioalbums.

Ceux Du Dehors is outstanding ! Crawling wind is the follow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    If you like Relapse, Uzed and Heatwave are the studioalbums.

Ceux Du Dehors is outstanding ! Crawling wind is the follow up.
    Yeah, those will be in the next couple gaggles of things I order from Wayside. Actually, I just ordered Ceux Du Dehors and Crawling Wind today, along with the new Magma, but since the Magma is a pre-order, the whole thing won't ship until whenever Steve gets the Magma shipment in, so it'll be a couple weeks, probably.

Don't forget their new stuff either: Clivages may be my favorite album of theirs, and Phosphorescent Dreams is a bit more "rock" than most of their other stuff, and thus you may really like it