Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: A Note From Waters Regarding The New Pink Floyd Album

Originally Posted by Adrian

Throw in Steve Howe on guitar. The band would implode in five seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Not the right genre, but you might as well throw in Ginger Baker.
    Throw in Axhole Rose or seb Bach on vocals and you've got it all.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Might as well dig up Peter Grant to run things.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

And Geoff Downes as album producer...
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Or Allen Klein... well, Brian Lane is still around, right?

How about Madonna? The band name would be: Madonna and the Premadonnas.

We'll settle this once & for all. I'll get Phil Spector to produce them.
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Just listen how boring and uneventful and boring songs on About Face, AMLOR, TDB (except High Hopes) , Broken China and OIA are, and you'll quicjkly understand that Floyd's excitement was Waters' contributions ...
    Both boring AND boring, eh? and I'll assume OIA MEANS OAI.

I think without the contributions of the others Waters would never have been able to make music as ( musically) exciting as DSOTM, WYWH, and Animals (not to mention what came before). When he took firmer control (The Wall) is when things got far less exciting.

Very recent interview with Mason/Gilmour about Endless River and PF in general (streaming audio): http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0288yhn

Talks a bit about Waters...I doubt it'll change any of the polarizing sentiments about the two "camps" but it is a fairly nice, honest interview. Kind of reinforces (IMHO) that most of the grief of Waters vs. Post-Waters Floyd lives in the fans rather than the band.

A few additional soundbits from Endless River in there.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    Very recent interview with Mason/Gilmour about Endless River and PF in general (streaming audio): http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0288yhn
    That is a good interview. It's interesting to hear Gilmour say that Roger fell back into his "old bad habits" in the rehearsals for their 2005 Live Aid show. I suppose it's the inevitable problem of having two "alpha" members that don't have a good working relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbottle View Post
    New song from the album:
    Wow, I didn't think one could squeeze that many cliches into a song. Always nice to hear Dave's guitar but it sounds formulaic.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by Harbottle View Post
    **This video has been suspended either due to a copyright claim, or for breaching the terms of use.**
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    **This video has been suspended either due to a copyright claim, or for breaching the terms of use.**
    Well, that was quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    Played for me.. sounds very much in the vein of the last release for sure..

The BBC interview with Gilmour and Mason was interesting. I thought it revealing how Gilmour answered the question about the possibility of Waters' participating in the project. Each "no" was said a bit differently, reflecting Gilmour's evolving state of mind in response to the question. I thought it also telling that he said it was sad that they (he & Waters) couldn't work together. I'd like to think that he is insightful enough to recognize his own faults in this impasse. He did make a point of acknowledging that "everyone's weight" can be different, but a weight nonetheless. Insightful.

I also came away thinking that Gilmour has a potential for one more solo album. And this, too, may feature Rick Wright.
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    The BBC interview with Gilmour and Mason was interesting. I thought it revealing how Gilmour answered the question about the possibility of Waters' participating in the project. Each "no" was said a bit differently, reflecting Gilmour's evolving state of mind in response to the question. I thought it also telling that he said it was sad that they (he & Waters) couldn't work together. I'd like to think that he is insightful enough to recognize his own faults in this impasse. He did make a point of acknowledging that "everyone's weight" can be different, but a weight nonetheless. Insightful.
    Kind of what I took away from it as well.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post

I also came away thinking that Gilmour has a potential for one more solo album. And this, too, may feature Rick Wright.
    I'll take your (and battema's) advice on this issue for granted (because you state it neutraly enough), which was the only thing of interest for me.

OK, then, thanks for saving my time and not wasting it in that lengthy interview.

I'll take your (and battema's) advice on this issue for granted (because you state it neutraly enough), which was the only thing of interest for me.

OK, then, thanks for saving my time and not wasting it in that lengthy interview.
    Just skip to 9:30, thats where all the RW action starts- the way DG said "No... no, no." I find hilarious

Suspended
    I can't be bothered reading this entire thread, so sorry if I repeat what others have said:

The fact that some people still think of Roger Waters as part of Pink Floyd just possibly has something to do with the fact that for the last 20+ years he has been milking The Wall for all it's worth. Yes, it's basically his creation and he is entitled to play it, but he shouldn't then be surprised if that becomes what people identify him with.

I'm more bothered by the fact that this statement was issued at all. He is starting to sound a little shrill. Since it's known that the new album is in fact material recorded some time ago, it seems a reasonable question for someone to ask whether he appears on any of it. A simple "No, I am not part of this Endless River project" would have sufficed.

Quote Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
    I can't be bothered reading this entire thread, so sorry if I repeat what others have said:

The fact that some people still think of Roger Waters as part of Pink Floyd just possibly has something to do with the fact that for the last 20+ years he has been milking The Wall for all it's worth. Yes, it's basically his creation and he is entitled to play it, but he shouldn't then be surprised if that becomes what people identify him with.

I'm more bothered by the fact that this statement was issued at all. He is starting to sound a little shrill. Since it's known that the new album is in fact material recorded some time ago, it seems a reasonable question for someone to ask whether he appears on any of it. A simple "No, I am not part of this Endless River project" would have sufficed.
    Pretty much what I stated in the first post.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

The song is played at 1:11 in Chris Evans show here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04jmh4y