Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Jethro Tull - War Child...40th Anny Edition...Nov 24th

Quote Originally Posted by Stickleback View Post
    I'm late to the game in snatching up these 40th anniversary sets. Top rate in all aspects. Does anyone know if TAAB 40th will be re-released? Currently fetching +-$125 on Ebay.
    Oh wow... that's a shame. I'd hope that they would re-issue it, at least in another limited run, for the fans who didn't jump on it when it came out (I'm glad I did now that I see that!)

I also would hope that anyone who buys it from Ebay makes sure they are getting the corrected DVD, as the initial run was flawed and replacement discs were sent out.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Popping in here to say that the SW stereo Remix/master of this album is absolutely wonderful to my ears. This thing 'pops' all over the place now. I have always loved the album (IMO there isn't a bad or even remotely bad Tull album made in the 60's and 70's) but I think we have reached a whole new level here. I own the original, remaster, and the SW, and I would say the SW is my go-to. I know some folks will not dig the digital mastering of this analog beast, or perhaps some musical choices he made in the mix, and that's cool, but I'll take it. Never heard or owned the original vinyl.

I'm riding a nice JT wave right now to bring me into autumn. Sometimes when I take a step back and really try to objectively view this music, I can unabashedly proclaim that Ian is a true musical genius in the manner of these gorgeous themes and melodies, and always kept the listener interested with a very unique presentation in both recording techniques and arrangements; a true original and ultra-eclectic. JT will always be my favorite of the supposed big 5 or 6 or whatever that curious fantasy is called.
    Yeah, the SW remix significantly upped my opinion of this album. Now it's one of my favorites! The second disc helps, though. Some magnificent stuff that wasn't 'good' enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This would be nice to run over the end credits. A masterful adaptation by David (Dee) Palmer, who never really got the credit he (she) deserved for all the sublime orchestration throughout so many Tull albums:

"And your little sister's immaculate virginity wings away on the bony shoulders of a young horse named George who stole surreptitiously into her geography revision."

Occasional musical musings on https://darkelffile.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Oh wow... that's a shame. I'd hope that they would re-issue it, at least in another limited run, for the fans who didn't jump on it when it came out (I'm glad I did now that I see that!)

I also would hope that anyone who buys it from Ebay makes sure they are getting the corrected DVD, as the initial run was flawed and replacement discs were sent out.
    I predict it will get a reissue since, like Aqualung, the mastering had some issues.

I inverted the colours of the album artwork… It’s positively less intimidating!

Image 7.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Elf View Post
    This would be nice to run over the end credits. A masterful adaptation by David (Dee) Palmer, who never really got the credit he (she) deserved for all the sublime orchestration throughout so many Tull albums:

Thank you for the reminder, I bought this CD long ago and completely forgot it... still have it, thus maybe it's time for another spin. I agree that Dee Palmer never got the credits she deserved but isn't she currently touring with the Martin Barre's band ?

anyone have any insight to the Jethro Tull Warchild II outtakes VINYL release?

I just bought a 2022 copy from eBay and the seller couldn't tell me much

personally, I don't remember this being on sale or even announced. searches on vendors and sites also didnt provide much

YET, discogs does have a German release (Indeed what I bought) for this

so . . . a Europe only release? with a States pressing later?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by helixhelix View Post
    Very strange. I don't remember hearing anything about this either. It's listed, but not in stock, at both Amazon UK and Amazon Germany. Apparently pressed in Germany but a UK release. Amazon Germany gives a release date of 2023.

They did do a Stormwatch 2 vinyl that was a Record Store Day release. This looks like the same sort of thing, but if it was an RSD release it certainly wasn't on the US lists. And I can't think why else it would be appearing at this late date.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    Very strange. I don't remember hearing anything about this either. It's listed, but not in stock, at both Amazon UK and Amazon Germany. Apparently pressed in Germany but a UK release. Amazon Germany gives a release date of 2023.

They did do a Stormwatch 2 vinyl that was a Record Store Day release. This looks like the same sort of thing, but if it was an RSD release it certainly wasn't on the US lists. And I can't think why else it would be appearing at this late date.

yes, thank you!

it's way off schedule/of the moment for sure. the Steven Wilson vinyl release came out a year in 2015 after the box proper . . . maybe this will remain Euro only. I had to snap it up in case there were no more pressings

anyway, onto the Broadsword Box!
    Last edited by helixhelix; 03-02-2023 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by helixhelix View Post

I just bought a 2022 copy from eBay and the seller couldn't tell me much

personally, I don't remember this being on sale or even announced. searches on vendors and sites also didnt provide much

YET, discogs does have a German release (Indeed what I bought) for this

so . . . a Europe only release? with a States pressing later?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600-1.jpg
    That looks pretty cool actually. I’d like to own that. Except I don’t like that it opens with by far the worst track. I really don’t like Paradise Steakhouse at all.