Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Malcolm Young leaves AC/DC

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    That's interesting. It could be that people who tend to be analytical, mathematical (in other words, people who's gears are always turning in their heads), when their minds are no longer engaged or preoccupied in their work they start becoming dull.
    I think there is something in that, as it's so important to keep trying to stretch yourself, I think we get a pass as we always explore new music!

My Mum was a primary school teacher, an intelligent lady who always read books, she also painted and loved creative crafts. Sadly she can't really follow a book to any sort of conclusion now, so that is lost to her, she will sit all day and struggle through a crossword puzzle, and so that aspect is working fine, but I can have a conversation with her and she's forgotten it two minutes later. If it's going to hit us, I don't think there's really all that much we can do to mitigate, but I'll keep on searching for new sounds!

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    They've got a new album coming out too. Not sure it'll be an autobuy for me. The last album was okay but a bit too polite for an AC/DC album. Just a shade too slick for my taste. Obviously I'll sample as much of it as possible before deciding on buying it. Sorry to hear about Malcolm. Not sure I'd call him the most important member of the band but he is part of the backbone of their sound. Those huge guitar chords are pretty awesome. Just hope that if they are winding down their career that this new album is better than the last one, with more attitude and balls.
    If it wasn't for Malcolm AC/DC wouldn't be the band they are today. He was very much the driving force behind the band from Day 1 to get the the success they went on to achieve..

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Didn't he have a stroke awhile back?
    It had been reported here in the UK that his stroke is seen as a major contributing factor to the onset of his dementia.

Very sad news.