Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Survivor: San Juan Del Sur -- Blood vs. Water

And this, boys and girls, is why you should never throw a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    And this, boys and girls, is why you should never throw a challenge.
    Dude was an idiot........

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Dude was an idiot........
    Word. The two brothers are completely clueless, and not only about Survivor, but from what I can tell life in general.

Best part of the tribal was Drew walking off saying "Good play" as if it took an evil mastermind plan to get him out, when he actually did most of the work himself.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Evicted 'Survivor' Contestant Admits He Was 'Delusional' and 'Lost His Mind'

This week's evicted 'Survivor' contestant, Drew Christy, admits he "lost his mind" when he decided to throw the immunity challenge and believed he was the "kingpin" of the tribe.

"I shouldn't have thrown the challenge," Drew admits in an interview with TV Guide. "I think I kind of pissed off the producers and I kind of shot myself in the foot with that. I was definitely delusional with no sleep and no water."

"I also said some things I regretted afterwards. But I was also fighting the elements for 10 days and kind of lost my mind a little bit, turned into a looney toon. It was actually kind of hard for me to watch last night."

"I think I was threatening to some of those people out there, and I kind of learned a little bit about myself and grew a little bit of respect for the game. There was definitely a lot of things that went on out there that weren't shown."

"They kind of showed me being, like, the lazy, cocky guy and kind of made it seem like I wasn't cool with everybody, but I really was. I was good friends with pretty much everybody out there and helped all the girls open coconuts so they could drink, got firewood, built the whole shelter pretty much."

"I just was a pretty cool, calm and collected guy out there and was making the best time of it until Day Number 11, when I played way too hard too early in the game. The second you think you have it all figured out, you realize you don't."

Drew says, in fact, he wasn't the only one who decided to deliberately lose the challenge.

"People knew I threw the challenge," he says. "Jeremy and Jon sat out of it, and they were the ones that kind of strategized with me to throw it."

"You don't sit your best players out on challenges. Jon and Jeremy were definitely our strongest physical players that could have helped us win that challenge."

"I think that, combined with Exile Island, really just set me back. I was on Exile Island away from my tribe for 24 hours, and that was enough time for me to fall out of the loop with my tribe and my alliance."

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    That duuuuude Drew is/was an idiot. But weirdly enough, his tribe did not seem to even notice that he threw the challenge! (At least the edits would have us believe that.) Some might have suspected he did, but he clearly went for other reasons.

Casting this year has been either horrendous on purpose and they seeked out a parade of dunces, or they are just horrendously bad at casting.

No doubt they casted Rocker expecting to get something like they got. I suspect they wanted an even bigger train wreck that would make TMZ and keep a national media buzz going, but that plan also failed miserably.

For once I think The Amazing Race has out-casted Survivor. A really interesting bunch on TAR this season, far more interesting then the box of rocks cast out on Exile this year....
    “Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

Kind of like he kind of saw the episode and tried to kind of cover his ass.

When they sat out Jon and Jeremy, IIRC Jeff did make a comment about that being an interesting choice. So maybe they were in on it.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    A really interesting bunch on TAR this season, far more interesting then the box of rocks cast out on Exile this year....
    Agreed!! I also enjoy the move to Friday night.

Am I getting bored with Survivor after so many seasons, or is this season just boring.

No, it's boring. I thought Kelly was one of the few who seemed to have a good head on her pretty shoulders and was sad to see her go. This season has been hard to get behind anyone. They're all so dull!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Agreed.

Hopefully, Keith will partner up with the dad now.

Good. I thought I was getting jaded.

I can't believe that tribe is trying to negotiate with Jeff again. I think that in exchange for more rice Jeff should separate them into different spots at camp where they can't see or talk to each other and then make everyone write down a name. Tell them that person will either be evicted or will get immunity. Also allow them to write down their own name if they are willing to take the risk. The person with the most votes then chooses a rock from a pouch. White rock is immunity. Black rock is eviction.

You can have food, but you either lose a tribe member or give that person a huge advantage. Or you could choose to abstain from the vote, but if the majority doesn't vote then things remain status quo and you don't get food. Are you willing to sacrifice numbers for food? Are you willing to hand immunity over to someone? Also, since there is no time for discussion, it could also create a lot of drama depending on whose names appear.

I was thinking along the same lines. If I were Jeff (Survivor), I would offer this: "You get a bag of rice, but you're losing a member. We are having tribal council right now! You have 10 seconds to decide."

Good. I thought I was getting jaded.

I can't believe that tribe is trying to negotiate with Jeff again. I think that in exchange for more rice Jeff should separate them into different spots at camp where they can't see or talk to each other and then make everyone write down a name. Tell them that person will either be evicted or will get immunity. Also allow them to write down their own name if they are willing to take the risk. The person with the most votes then chooses a rock from a pouch. White rock is immunity. Black rock is eviction.

You can have food, but you either lose a tribe member or give that person a huge advantage. Or you could choose to abstain from the vote, but if the majority doesn't vote then things remain status quo and you don't get food. Are you willing to sacrifice numbers for food? Are you willing to hand immunity over to someone? Also, since there is no time for discussion, it could also create a lot of drama depending on whose names appear.
    I like that idea. After comfort and sustenance the only BIG thing that can happen is either eviction, immunity or exile island.

I'm a little bored with this season, but have hopes that it will pick up once the dullards are gone. I was also extremely sad to see Kelly go, but the bright ones always seem to get kicked out first.

No talk here about Julie quitting the game? I actually was really rooting for her. In spite of what is probably a pretty comfortable lifestyle, she seemed pretty cool and down to earth. I was somewhat impressed with how well she seemed to be adapting to the game. Until things weren't going her way and then she bailed. I was really disappointed. Not very surprised, but disappointed. Obviously I had been wrong about her. Oh well.

Of the people left, I can honestly say that I dislike every one of them. There isn't anyone who I look at and think "I want you to win". If I had to put my money on one person right now, I'd probably pick Natalie. She seems pretty smart, both physically and mentally strong, and isn't getting too stressed out about shit. I dislike her the least.

I like Natalie too, but I really like Jeremy. Seems like a dude I'd like to have a beer with. Definitely pulling for one of these two. The rest I could care less about. Keith is getting WAY too comfy, his son is a tool, the mother and daughter are a couple of beeatches, Reese is way too flaming and sneaky, Alex is just a total fuckin rockhead that needs to be put in his place, John and Jaquelin have no business being a constant swing vote and Jeff really is a damn good host.

Yeah, I was rooting for Julie to stay also, likely for different reasons....

I think we pointed out earlier this is just such a bland casting job this year, without their Rocker star pot stirrer, they are all mind numbing vanilla. That said, I am kind of pulling for Jeremy now, a firefighter with two kids seems like he could use the dough for good. John and his fiance are alright I guess too. Josh and Jeremy made at least a rivalry alliance with two leaders who seem to have a minor rudimentary knowledge of how to play the game.

Now even that little sliver of strategy is gone...

Holy cow, John is one sneaky son of a bitch, isn't he? Shame on Missy for turning her back on Jeremy, her ally from the start. But, I have to say that although I didn't like John's lies to get rid of Jeremy last night it was a pretty smart move. I have to give him points. He may be the one person who seems to actually be playing the game with a strategy. I'm pretty amazed that nobody is trying to break up him and Jacqueline.

That other alliance is full of idiots. Why would you vote for Reed or Keith, the people in your own alliance, when you don't have the strength in numbers? The better strategy is to stick together and hope someone in the stronger alliance decides to jump ship. I'd be trying to gain Nathalie's trust if I were them. You have Nathalie in an alliance with two couples. And after last night, two couples that voted for Jeremy and didn't let her in on the plan. Unless she's playing for fifth place, she's got to make a move very soon. I'd be constantly drilling that into her head. Plus, she'd beat any of those morons at the final TC. If she moves to the other alliance now, I think she could win.

My wife and I agree...the J/J couple is the big threat, and the others need to take them out or at least break them up.

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenears View Post
    My wife and I agree...the J/J couple is the big threat, and the others need to take them out or at least break them up.
    Not only that but I'm sick of them kissing all the time, ewwww.

I was saddened to see Jeremy go as he truly was one of the good guys. But we know what happens to good guys in Survivor.

I was real bummed to see Jeremy go. Now I really don't like anyone outside of maybe Nadia.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    An excellent tribal there!
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Yeah, that was a good one. It was fun to watch everyone scrambling. Reed's plan would have worked too, if Keith weren't such an idiot.

Yeah, that was a good one. It was fun to watch everyone scrambling. Reed's plan would have worked too, if Keith weren't such an idiot.
    It was good in that weird kind of way where you think to yourself, wow, this is really strange, I don't think I will ever see another TC quite like this one ....

Maybe I missed something, but my way of thinking was Reed wanted Jon out. I don't think Reed knew for sure he had an idol, but he also thought Jon was convinced he was totally safe and had no reason to play the idol even if he did have one.

Natalie, for some strange reason, decided to tell Jon, "I would play your idol if I were you". Seemed strange to me, since even though Jon had told her about his idol to gain her trust, she still was on board to blindside Jon, since she blamed him for Jeremy going.

Keith had to play his idol for sure, once he knew Jon played his, he knew the other votes were going to be split between him and Wes, according to Reed's plan.

The amazing thing was Reed nearly did pull it off with some brilliant final words, "stick with the plan", to Jon and his G/F when he had no intention at all of sticking with them. It was a great acting job, fitting a Broadway actor, and if it wasn't for Natalie...

All that said, I am warming up to Natalie, even after hating her and her sister on The Amazing Race. She is tough, and playing pretty well out there.

Keith completely blew the whole real plan by blurting out at the last minute. Reed had it in the bag before then.