Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: New Pink Floyd Album Cover Art- Thoughts?

The Wall was an amazing concert. Was lucky enough to see it twice when it came through.

BTW it looks like a concert film from the tour is finally coming...just had a premiere recently so I'd guess it'll be released in the coming few months.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

On the old Roger Waters website/fan-site (Reg) he is quoted as saying, in 2012 or 2013, that he hopes to be releasing an album soon, especially since he had just finished recording a song. Guess it didn't pan out.

Fans & interviewers can be insufferable when they have difficulty giving up the past. Artists, when they want to talk at all, want to talk about what's happening in their life right now or in the near future. And when you do interview after interview... I can give the artist somewhat of a pass if they become a little cranky. However, Mr. Waters needs to take regularly scheduled refresher courses on being polite. Or, if that's not acceptable, just don't do the interview. That way, no one's feathers are ruffled & no one's feelings are hurt.
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Yeah, but what do you know huh?
    I know that Cardboard Amanda is better than any Floyd record, that's for sure!

Per-ordered the album. Hope it's good (or at least decent).

the 'day-after-thanksgiving' project...... settle for leftovers.

shouldn't this cd have been a bonus disk for the Division Bell deluxe?

Quote Originally Posted by BravadoNJ View Post
    shouldn't this cd have been a bonus disk for the Division Bell deluxe?
    Only if you neglect that it's supposed to be a posthumous tribute to Rick Wright.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Only if you neglect that it's supposed to be a posthumous tribute to Rick Wright.
    In a previous thread, speculations had it that this was indeed the left-overs from TDB, so the question was valic
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Let's be honest........a new Pink Floyd album was going to be controversial regardless of the contents. It could have featured Waters, and people here (and elsewhere) would still find something wrong with it. I will be happy to hear more Gilmour guitar work, and Rick Wright keys combined with it. I'm not expecting greatness, but I don't think they'd put something out that was not first rate. It obviously won't appeal to everyone, and it's certainly not going to be WYWH or Dark Side. I don't think anyone could expect greatness even if Waters had been involved. I think calling it Pink Floyd is more a recognition of what Wright brought to the band, than it is an indication of the music on the album. Of course, I'm just guessing, since I'm waiting to hear the finished product (I don't like "teasers", especially with music).

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    In a previous thread, speculations had it that this was indeed the left-overs from TDB, so the question was valic
    It's not speculation - they specifically said that's what it is. But, as a release, it's supposed to be a tribute, not a series of outtakes.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I'm hoping it's extremely mellow and instrumental so I can take a nice nap while listening
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news...e-order-record
    **Pink Floyd album The Endless River has become the most pre-ordered Amazon title of 2014 – and it’s on course to take the all-time record.
    The band’s first release since 1993’s The Division Bell is a tribute to late keyboardist Rick Wright and it'll be launched on November 10. There’s still time for it to overtake One Direction, Robbie Williams and Take That in the retailer’s historical chart.**

Must....overtake....One....Direction.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

I just ordered 5 more copies

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post

Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news...e-order-record
    **Pink Floyd album The Endless River has become the most pre-ordered Amazon title of 2014 – and it’s on course to take the all-time record.
    The band’s first release since 1993’s The Division Bell is a tribute to late keyboardist Rick Wright and it'll be launched on November 10. There’s still time for it to overtake One Direction, Robbie Williams and Take That in the retailer’s historical chart.**

I'm not sure I want to get into a pissing contest with prepubescent girls and menopausal housewives.

Quote Originally Posted by Halmyre View Post
    I'm not sure I want to get into a pissing contest with prepubescent girls and menopausal housewives.
    Any attempt I could make at a funny answer to that will almost certainly put me on a Watch List so, moving on...