Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Kaipa in November - Sattyg

Monotheistic Supernalist ProgPariah77's Avatar
    I'm there. Do we have a release date for the USA?

EDIT: Ah - not 'til January. Hmm ... [recues Dave Bainbridge, "Celestial Fire" CD] ...

I see there is a regular edition CD and a special edition CD. What is the difference between them besides one being in a jewel case and the other a digipack? Any extra tracks on the special edition?

Bob

I have the digipack. No extra tracks on this version. Not sure if there are 2 different versions. I don't think so tho....

Great album if any Kaipa fans haven't listened yet!!

JJ

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Still waiting for domestic (US) release...or did it finally get released here?

Been spinning this disc a LOT lately and it just gets better and better! Wonderful stuff! I find something to love on all the Kaipa discs but to me this is right up there with Angling Feelings, another favourite of mine. Aleena's vocals in particular stand out for me (but then I am a big fan!) but really everyone shines on this one. I only wish they would do a small tour and release a DVD...now that would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    Still waiting for domestic (US) release...or did it finally get released here?
    Pretty sure this is already released in the US as I got mine a few weeks ago from Amazon.

This is a pretty good Kaipa album and I'm enjoying it more than the last few. There are a couple tunes that seem a bit overlong - like sections repeating that don't really add much (and I'm not usually one to say that). Fantastic guitar playing from Per Nilsson all over this album, which is nice.
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post

Fantastic guitar playing from Per Nilsson all over this album, which is nice.
    Agreed! As much as I love Roine Stolt, I don't miss him here at all.

Sattyg is pretty good, it's not Notes From The Past or Keyholder but then those are classics and hard to top them.

It is the new Kaipa Da Capo that I'm really looking forward to!!

Quote Originally Posted by progfan915 View Post
    Agreed! As much as I love Roine Stolt, I don't miss him here at all.
    A friend of mine said he didn't care for the guitar playing on the last few Kaipa albums. Not sure if that was because he is a die-hard Roine fan or what, but I thought the guitar playing from Per was great and he was vastly underutilized.
    Last edited by Plasmatopia; 02-26-2015 at 11:24 AM.
    <sig out of order>