Thread: Chrome

Chrome (the band)

I picked up the Chrome Box (CD) relatively cheap today ...
    Quite a fascinating band. Kraut rock/Space rock meets punk. Very cool.
    Any fans?
    Last edited by sonic; 12-10-2012 at 12:39 PM.

Alien Soundtracks rocks!
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

thought you were talking about the browser which totally rules and the one i'm using right now.
    "She said you are the air I breathe
    The life I love, the dream I weave."

Unevensong - Camel

Helios Creed!
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Very cool band... they had the ominous shit down on a level w/ Present or UZ without sounding remotely like either band. Chrome tore up pretty much any genre box that was floating around. They were finding things that could hit Crimson neurons while being near as depraved and primative as just about any punk unit...if i had a time machine, catching a Chrome gig would be high on my list.

yep killer early jammy kraut rock with avant/punk mixed in . saw them on a bill with mx-80 sound back in the bay area many years ago.

Yeah, they certainly went way outside the metal genre (box-wise)... and Nektar tagged their bass player (Lux) for their Space-Rock tour in 2011 plus he's gonna be with them on their cruise.