Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Deep Purple's "Fireball" =

Quote Originally Posted by Watanabe View Post
    Those solos in Warning and Tull's Cat's squirrel are improvised solo's coming from two players with at the time a fairly similar vocabulary...loads of jazy triplet based phrasing, stiffened up a bit for heavy pentatonic blues.Plus you've got Bunker and Ward playing a similar textural thing with long jazzy rolls around the entire kit behind the soloing, so i can easily see someone making the connection between them.

With Warning being a cover that evolved into a long jam based instrumental to fill up the album, it's not difficult to imagine them riffing on bands they were digging at the time...the man riff scrotum linked being used as an intro point for a solo definitely seems to be a case of that(i'd actually never noticed it before)....you could imagine Iommi and Ward saying lets get a bit of that feeling going that Abraham and Bunker had on Cat's squirrel for a few minutes here...but i wouldn't say anything has been intentionally copied per se
    Absolutely. And as I pointed out before, there are loads of difference between Cream's Squirrel and Tull's Cat's...

Quote Originally Posted by grego View Post
    Don & Dewey was IABD quoting DP's "Wring That Neck"(1968)
    So in this case, does anyone see a link between Wring That Neck and Lazy? Certainly Purple can recycle their own ideas, but I just don't hear one
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Come on now, finish the thought. Wring That Neck, Lazy, then.....?

Some could say something like Neal Morse has recycled a whole genre so I'd love to hear the rest of that thought.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Come on now, finish the thought. Wring That Neck, Lazy, then.....?

Some could say something like Neal Morse has recycled a whole genre so I'd love to hear the rest of that thought.
    Neal who??

Never heard of him??
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.