Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Corrado Rustici Trio

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Er, THE best one - if you ask me. Highly original and intricate take on the "symph rock" idiom, manically swaying their guitarism-vs.-tuned percussion frenzy through some truly remarkable arrangements and melodies. That melancholy atmosphere of desolate despair and anguish sits next to none in their camp, although Il Balletto came very close on Ys.

Hell, even Dave Kerman was impressed with Cervello's Melos - and that's saying something.

Osanna's LoL is a very uneven album, I think. "Fog In My Mind"? Right...
    100% agree re Cervello. A remarkable record.

As posted on the What's New-forum:

Corrado Rustici has a new album out, called Aham. Beautiful melodic stuff, played almost exclusively on guitars (treated, electric and acoustic).

"This album is amazing, all those sounds from a guitar... Incredible... Beautiful job, Corrado..."
    - Allan Holdsworth

Hurm gave this link to a recent interview with Rustici: http://www.mwe3.com/reviews/CorradoRustici2016/

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Hurm gave this link to a recent interview with Rustici: http://www.mwe3.com/reviews/CorradoRustici2016/

Thanx for mentioning me, but really: that's too much honor. It was Mr. Rustici himself who posted the link at his official Facebook page.:-)

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    As posted on the What's New-forum:

Corrado Rustici has a new album out, called Aham. Beautiful melodic stuff, played almost exclusively on guitars (treated, electric and acoustic).

"This album is amazing, all those sounds from a guitar... Incredible... Beautiful job, Corrado..."
    - Allan Holdsworth
    Thanks to both of you for the heads up. Very surprised to here the news about this recording. Listening to the samples as I type. May have to pick this one up eventually.

Another new album from the great Corrado Rustici: a mini-CD (28 minutes) with Peppino D'Agostino, called For The Beauty Of This Wicked World
    Featuring George Brooks (Steve Smith Band) and Jeff Campitelli (Joe Satriani).

Rustici played one of the most beautiful guitar solos ever on a pop song at 02:50:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V69vs8JmXYM

Here's a fine live-clip from last year:

Interfulgent is the title of the new album by Corrado Rustici. There's a track called The Man From Yorkshire which is dedicated to Allan Holdsworth

Samples and ordering from https://www.corradorustici.com/

The new album was released last week on February 26th; a day after that Corrado got the news that his brother Danilo, known for his music with Osanna, past away due to covid 19.

Here's the new video, Night Of The Jackal:

Corrado also posted the links to some old Ossana-clips in honour of his brother:

I listened to Palepoli this morning, it's been a while. Always loved that record. I should do Melos too.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    I listened to Palepoli this morning, it's been a while. Always loved that record. I should do Melos too.
    I listened to Melos last night! It's because I was listening to Markus Reuter's interview with Corrado on his podcast.

Spinning L'Uomo in honor of Danilo. Going to have to play some Magma later for James too. What a shame.