Thread: Fireballet Tuesday!!!

Fireballet Tuesday!!!

Wanted to bring this to the top. The two Fireballet albums are FINALLY coming out Tuesday! Both have been remastered!!!! I've been looking forward to this for years!!! Tuesday will be a special day!!

Awesome. Looking forward to really cranking those last 2 tracks from Two, too especially. Any bonus tracks, by chance?

Inner Knot notified me September 4th that they had shipped both albums, so they should be here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by bill g View Post
    Awesome. Looking forward to really cranking those last 2 tracks from Two, too especially. Any bonus tracks, by chance?
    The Belle Antique editions will have Bonus tracks, i'm very sure that the Inner Knot Editions will be the same.

Bonus tracks on the first (translated form japanese, so titels will be slightly different)
    6. robot salesman [bonus track]
    7 Pictures Ovu-a-City (Live 1974) [bonus track]
    8. Say Anything [Bonus Track]

Bonus tracks on the second
    8. In My Craft And Sallen-Art (reading) / MA Y scan (Live 1974) [bonus track]
    9 Tears [Bonus Track]

SWEET!

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    The Belle Antique editions will have Bonus tracks, i'm very sure that the Inner Knot Editions will be the same.

Bonus tracks on the first (translated form japanese, so titels will be slightly different)

9 Tears [Bonus Track]
    Wow, I haven't heard those! I wonder if its the same 'Robot Salesman' from IGTB. Very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post

9 Tears [Bonus Track]

Laser's Edge already has the Inner Knot editions on their site. They mention 2 bonus tracks for the first one ("Pictures Of A City" and "Robot Salesman") and one previously unreleased bonus track for the 2nd one. https://www.lasercd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    Laser's Edge already has the Inner Knot editions on their site. They mention 2 bonus tracks for the first one ("Pictures Of A City" and "Robot Salesman") and one previously unreleased bonus track for the 2nd one. https://www.lasercd.com/
    That kinda sucks, so i might have to buy the expansive japanese Editions,

("Two, too" also has the original cover on B.A. and a new one on I.K.)

Profondo Giallo Crystal Plumage's Avatar
    Pictures of a City? That's cool!
    HuGo
    "Very, very nice," said a man in the crowd,
    When the golden voice appeared.
    She was gold alright, but then so is rust.
    "Such a shame about the beard."

Just listened to this for the first time in a long time. Pretty low rent and some outrageous lifts from other people but kinda fun.

Quote Originally Posted by lovecraft View Post
    Just listened to this for the first time in a long time. Pretty low rent and some outrageous lifts from other people but kinda fun.
    Some have said that Les Cathedrales sounds a lot like George Martin's Theme One,what say you?

Yeah I hear that plus a wholesale lift of ELP's Battlefield and Atmospheres seems like half of Nursery Cryme is on it.

Quote Originally Posted by lovecraft View Post
    Yeah I hear that plus a wholesale lift of ELP's Battlefield and Atmospheres seems like half of Nursery Cryme is on it.
    ELP,The Barbarian........Triumvirat.....Spartacus..... lots of musicians do this.

No ones denying that. Hey, I still love the Zep but there ain't no denyin' they are thieving b*stards.

Many, many moons ago, Fireballet had a website where they had some live clips posted, but by the time I happened upon it the links were dead

Anyone have these stored somewhere?

It seemed to be a band members site as I recall

These remasters are available on Spotify, and that will do until I can find a deal on the Jap ones with the bonus tracks

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

My order went through yesterday!

The CD's arrived today. I love the way the covers have that die-stamp printing of the ballet-dancers. I must confess I hardly knew their music, but listening to it now is a joy. Especially the way the many percussion-instruments are mixed in the composition is nice. The 50's like harmony-vocals on Two, Too must have influence Moon Safari in some way ;-)
    I noticed Larry Fast did the re-mastering. Would be great if he would do the same with the first edition of Shadowfax' "Watercourse Way" which he originally co-produced.

So I had some hesitation about getting these, but I finally broke down on my most recent order. Gotta say, I'm glad I did. I'm surprised how much I am enjoying them, particularly Two, Too, for which I had far lower expectations. But I think it's really pretty darned good. And for me Bald Mountain is very good.

To me these are a lot like the first two Starcastle albums. Far from original, but within the confines they are working, they do a very credible job and make some fun music. So thumbs up from me.

Bill