Thread: Discounted Crimson Tix in Boston

Discounted Crimson Tix in Boston

Never thought I'd see a discount on this, but...

http://digboston.com/deals/tickets/

Quote Originally Posted by bRETT View Post
    Never thought I'd see a discount on this, but...

http://digboston.com/deals/tickets/
    Not surprised by this, there are tons of tickets left. I really wish I didn't pay $85 for mine!

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    We paid $150 for Row O tix during the presale as seats forward of that were going for $300...now I see these same great seats in earlier rows going for $169 or such. I feel scammed. But still looking forward to the show. Brett, Karen and I will be in Row O Monday night. You?

Rick

Am not really surprised this tour isn't selling very well!!!!! KC were never that big a deal in the States in the first place. Surprised they concentrated this 'comeback' in the USA. Like Eddie Jobson, I think Fripp has delusions of grandeur when it comes anticipating peoples interest when touring their touring their music!!!

The venue was charging $300/$169/$150/$85 or was that a scalper site? The Albany venue sold their tickets at $36.75–$43.75. I know Boston is a bigger city but those prices are crazy, especially in comparison to The Egg's show!

How many seats in the Boston theater? Albany had just under 1000.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    That was the venue charging those exorbitant prices and I bit.

Philly is 150/75/55/35 and holds about 2500
    It does seem like some sections are sold out (I can't seem to buy with seat map unfortunately.)

All 4 NYC shows are sold-out.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    That was the venue charging those exorbitant prices and I bit.
    I went to the box office to beat the surcharges and a pretty good seat for $55-- It's in the mezzanine, one row behind the $70 seats. (And its a nice cozy theater, I saw Neil Finn there).

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    Am not really surprised this tour isn't selling very well!!!!! KC were never that big a deal in the States in the first place. Surprised they concentrated this 'comeback' in the USA. Like Eddie Jobson, I think Fripp has delusions of grandeur when it comes anticipating peoples interest when touring their touring their music!!!
    I really think this is more of a localized Boston issue. I lived there for awhile, and while I loved certain aspects of the city, in musical taste, they were not the best.

And, remember, that this is the 2nd show that is being discounted. I think (although I'm not sure) the first show is pretty well sold.

And, the shows elsewhere are selling very well, or have sold out.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    Ummmmmmmm...No...Just ONE city doesn't mean ANYTHING...3 sold out nights at Best Buy. add another that's sold out. Just like '08....Jobson will NEVER play a theater in the states except the
    Zoellner

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zorknapp View Post
    I really think this is more of a localized Boston issue. I lived there for awhile, and while I loved certain aspects of the city, in musical taste, they were not the best.
    I think it's more to do with the fact that the NY metro area has 5x or more the population that the Boston metro area has. I think nowhere has good musical taste; we're just scattered in pockets all over the place.