Thread: Faces

Faces

Rod Stewart & The Faces Cindy Incidentally 1972

Last edited by Modry Effekt; 09-09-2014 at 07:52 PM.

First couple of LPs, for me. Caught them a couple of times early on. A fun band.
    Hell, they ain't even old-timey ! - Homer Stokes

A Nod's as Good as a Wink to a Blind Horse

Quote Originally Posted by mogrooves View Post
    First couple of LPs, for me. Caught them a couple of times early on. A fun band.
    Moe

Saw them a few times. I was at one of the two shows that were released under the title Coast to Coast/Overture and Beginners lp. My favorite was at the Hollywood Bowl with a mirrored stage and a full bar onstage. Rod invited all us cheap-seaters down to the front and passed out a couple of bottles of brandy at the end. One of the later tours that I saw in San Jose with Tetsu on bass brought along the Tower of Power horn section.

Always a rockin', kickass live band- they partied hard and got the crowd going. I think the American audiences appreciated them more than the snobby British press allowed at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Blah_Blah_Woof_Woof View Post
    Saw them a few times. I was at one of the two shows that were released under the title Coast to Coast/Overture and Beginners lp. My favorite was at the Hollywood Bowl with a mirrored stage and a full bar onstage. Rod invited all us cheap-seaters down to the front and passed out a couple of bottles of brandy at the end. One of the later tours that I saw in San Jose with Tetsu on bass brought along the Tower of Power horn section.

Always a rockin', kickass live band- they partied hard and got the crowd going. I think the American audiences appreciated them more than the snobby British press allowed at the time.
    Cool.

Their box set is one of the best rock compilations ever done. Perfect combination of studio tracks, b-sides and rarities, and live work. I made a playlist of all the BBC tracks to create a live album.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Rod Stewart from 1975-on... tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Rod Stewart from 1975-on... tragic.
    But the voice.I can't put the old rod down.

Ooh La La

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe F. View Post
    A Nod's as Good as a Wink to a Blind Horse
    "That's All You Need" was an FM radio hit where I lived in '71. Still love the song and the fine album it came from.

We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Great band. But I still have to go for the Small Faces if forced to choose...

They definitely had the British Blues Boom sound...like Humble Pie, Juicy Lucy..which!..was the latter period of British Blues Boom and a year or two prior to the stadium Rock era. Especially the first 3 Faces albums. Ron Wood was a fine slide guitarist! He still is! Early Faces is a must for anyone interested in that style.