Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rush R40 6 Blu-ray Box Set

Rush R40 6 Blu-ray Box Set

R40 (6 Blu-ray Box Set)

Disc One – Rush In Rio

1) Tom Sawyer 2) Distant Early Warning 3) New World Man 4) Roll The Bones 5) Earthshine 6) YYZ 7) The Pass 8) Bravado 9) The Big Money 10) The Trees 11) Freewill 12) Closer To The Heart 13) Natural Science 14) One Little Victory 15) Driven 16) Ghost Rider 17) Secret Touch 18) Dreamline 19) Red Sector A 20) Leave That Thing Alone 21) O Baterista 22) Resist 23) 2112 24) Limelight 25) La Villa Strangiato 26) The Spirit Of Radio 27) Encore Medley: By-Tor And The Snow Dog / Cygnus X-1 / Working Man

Bonus Features:
    The Documentary – The Boys In Brazil
    MX Multiangle versions of: (1) YYZ (2) O Baterista (3) La Villa Strangiato

Easter Eggs: (1) By-Tor And The Snow Dog animation (2) Anthem (1975 performance)

Sound Formats: Dolby Digital 5.1, Dolby Digital Stereo

Disc Two – R30

1) R30 Overture (Finding My Way / Anthem / Bastille Day / A Passage To Bangkok / Cygnus X1 / Hemispheres) 2) The Spirit Of Radio 3) Force Ten 4) Animate 5) Subdivisions 6) Earthshine 7) Red Barchetta 8) Roll The Bones 9) Bravado 10) YYZ 11) The Trees 12) The Seeker 13) One Little Victory 14) Tom Sawyer 15) Dreamline 16) Secret Touch 17) Between The Wheels 18) Mystic Rhythms 19) Red Sector A 20) Der Trommler 21) Resist 22) Heart Full Of Soul 23) Medley: 2112 / La Villa Strangiato / By-Tor And The Snow Dog / Xanadu / Working Man 18) Summertime Blues 19) Crossroads 20) Limelight

Bonus Features:

Interviews: (1) 1979 Hamilton, Ivor Wynne Stadium (2) 1981 Le Studio, Quebec (3) 1990 Artist Of The Decade (4) 1994 Juno Hall Of Fame Induction (5) 2002 Vapor Trails Tour
    From the Anthem vault: (1) Fly By Night (2) Finding My Way (mpeg1 from Rock Concert) (3) In The Mood (mpeg1 from Rock Concert) (4) Circumstances (5) La Villa Strangiato (6) A Farewell To Kings (7) Xanadu (8) The Spirit Of Radio (Soundcheck 1979 Ivor Wynne Stadium) (9) Freewill (Toronto Rocks 2003) (10) Closer To The Heart (Canada For Asia 2005)

Easter Eggs: (1) Rush hits St John’s (1988) (2) Alex Lifeson interview for Artist Of The Decade (1990)

Sound Formats: DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby Digital 5.1, Dolby Digital Stereo

Disc Three – Snakes & Arrows Live

1) Limelight 2) Digital Man 3) Entre Nous 4) Mission 5) Freewill 6) The Main Monkey Business 7) The Larger Bowl 8) Secret Touch 9) Circumstances 10) Between The Wheels 11) Dreamline 12) Far Cry 13) Workin’ Them Angels 14) Armor And Sword 15) Spindrift 16) The Way The Wind Blows 17) Subdivisions 18) Natural Science 19) Witch Hunt 20) Malignant Narcissism – De Slagwerker 21) Hope 22) Distant Early Warning 23) The Spirit Of Radio 24) Tom Sawyer 25) One Little Victory 26) A Passage To Bangkok 27) YYZ

Bonus Features
    Oh, Atlanta! The Authorized Bootlegs
    (1) Ghost Of A Chance (2) Red Barchetta (3) The Trees (4) 2112 / The Temples Of Syrinx

Sound Formats: DTS-HD Master Audio, PCM Stereo

Disc Four – Time Machine 2011: Live In Cleveland

1) The “Real” History Of Rush Episode No.2 “Don’t Be Rash” 2) The Spirit Of Radio 3) Time Stand Still 4) Presto 5) Stick It Out 6) Workin’ Them Angels 7) Leave That Thing Alone 8) Faithless 9) BU2B 10) Freewill 11) Marathon 12) Subdivisions 13) The “Real” History Of Rush Episode No.17 “…and Rock and Roll is my name.” 14) Tom Sawyer 15) Red Barchetta 16) YYZ 17) Limelight 18) The Camera Eye 19) Witch Hunt 20) Vital Signs 21) Caravan 22) Moto Perpetuo (featuring Love For Sale) 23) O’Malley’s Break 24) Closer To The Heart 25) 2112 Overture / The Temples Of Syrinx 26) Far Cry 27) La Villa Strangiato 28) Working Man

Bonus Features

Outtakes from “The “Real” History Of Rush Episodes 2 & 17”
    “Tom Sawyer” featuring the cast of “The “Real” History Of Rush Episode 17”
    “Need Some Love” live at Laura Secord Secondary School, 1974
    “Anthem” live from Passaic, New Jersey 1976

Disc Five – Clockwork Angels Tour

1) Subdivisions 2) The Big Money 3) Force Ten 4) Grand Designs 5) The Body Electric 6) Territories 7) The Analog Kid 8) Bravado 9) Where’s My Thing? / Here It Is! 10) Far Cry 11) Caravan 12) Clockwork Angels 13) The Anarchist 14) Carnies 15) The Wreckers 16) Headlong Flight / Drumbastica 17) Peke’s Repose / Halo Effect 18) Seven Cities Of Gold 19) Wish Them Well 20) The Garden 21) Dreamline 22) The Percussor (i) Binary Love Theme (ii) Steambanger’s Ball 23) Red Sector A 24) YYZ 25) The Spirit Of Radio 26) Tom Sawyer 27) 2112

Bonus Features:

Bonus tracks: (1) Limelight (soundcheck recording) (2) Middletown Dreams (3) The Pass (4) Manhattan Project

Can’t Stop Thinking Big (tour documentary) / Behind The Scenes (featuring Jay Baruchel) / Outtakes / Interview with Dwush / Family Goy / Family Sawyer / The Watchmaker / Office Of The Watchmaker

Disc Six – R40 Bonus Disc

Laura Secord Secondary School 1974

Tracklisting TBC

Capitol Theatre 1976
    1) Bastille Day 2) Anthem 3) Lakeside Park 4) 2112 5) Fly By Night/In The Mood
    Lock and Key 1988

Molson Amphitheatre 1997

1) Limelight 2) Half the World 3) Limbo 4) Virtuality 5) Nobody's Hero 6) Test for Echo 7) Leave That Thing Alone/Drum Solo 8) 2112 (all seven parts)
    I Still Love You Man 2011

Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Induction 2013

2014 marks the 40th anniversary of the release of Rush’s eponymous debut album in 1974. This superb collector’s box set brings together live performances by Rush from each decade of their career. It includes “Rush In Rio”, “R30”, “Snakes & Arrows Live”, “Time Machine 2011: Live In Cleveland” and “Clockwork Angels Tour” plus a bonus disc of previously unseen live material stretching from 1974 to 2013. Rush are renowned for the energy and excitement of their live concerts and this set brings together some of their finest performances. The 6 Blu-ray discs are contained in a stunning 56 page hardback book measuring 305mm x 225mm with the 6 discs contained in 5 additional rigid insert pages. The 56 pages of the book are filled with memorabilia and photographs documenting 40 years of Rush live in concert. This is the ultimate collection of Rush live performances, beautifully presented.
    The ultimate set of Rush live concerts on Blu-ray.
    Includes “Rush In Rio” on Blu-ray for the first time.
    Fantastic presentation making R40 the must-have item for any serious Rush collector.
    Bonus disc contains the rarely performed full 7-part version of “2112” filmed in 1997 amidst over 3 hours of largely unseen material.
    Incredibly loyal Rush fanbase who are very strong buyers of live concerts.

Eagle Rock
    Format: Music Blu-ray Box Set: 6 Discs
    Cat No: ERBRD5236
    Barcode: 5051300523671
    Screen Format: 16:9 / 4:3
    Running Time: 19hrs 7 mins approx.
    Certificate: E

Released: 17th November 2014

Hope that bonus disc is released separately, 'cause there's no way in hell I'm buying all of that other stuff again.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Hope that bonus disc is released separately, 'cause there's no way in hell I'm buying all of that other stuff again.
    Those Canadian prog whores! I actually haven't even cracked the shrink wrap on the Time Machine BR I already bought (at least I think it's a BR).

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Exactly what I said. I'll go out on a limb and say it will be released separately. They kinda know how dedicated their fans are so I don't see them expecting us to re-buy all of these just to get that one disc.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Exactly what I said. I'll go out on a limb and say it will be released separately. They kinda know how dedicated their fans are so I don't see them expecting us to re-buy all of these just to get that one disc.
    Don't forget the three 5.1 CDs...

Too lazy to look, but is the Capitol Theatre stuff from '76 the B&W footage?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe F. View Post
    Too lazy to look, but is the Capitol Theatre stuff from '76 the B&W footage?
    Most likely. Although, I do believe somebody has remastered it. I recall seeing a nice clean version on YT.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I'd pay for the bonus disc. Hopefully they'll release that separately in a year or two.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Most likely. Although, I do believe somebody has remastered it. I recall seeing a nice clean version on YT.

Hi, I'm the guy who remastered the stuff. Here you can download the material:

Original Raw Videos Remastered by Bruno Samppa Rush - Dec 10, 1976 at Capitol Theatre, Passaic, NJ [LINKS].txt 1 KB
    https://mega.co.nz/#!ZhwkUYBQ!ujTjPq...2Yb6Y6D5Cr9BY0

Cheers

Here one more stuff that i remastered some years ago and will be released as a bonus on disc 6:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWNPP8di9-g

Wow, thats impressive. Despite some duplicates, this is probably a must buy for me.

Bonus disc only for me as well. I skipped S&A and CA, but I've got the other 3. Time Machine is great!

oh brother....... if the bonus disk is not sold separately- it's no big loss.

so this means no 2015 tour?

would be nice to see a new CD in late 2015.

Great set for anyone who doesn't have the stuff, but I'll be passing as I have most of it. Like others have said, if the bonus disc will be sold separately, I'm sure I'd grab it just for fun. Is the '76 show timestamp-free? I've had that as a burned DVD for years but to be honest it's really only of interest once or twice. The Molson Amphitheatre '97 show is of some interest, as I was at one of those (July 2, 1997), which was the second-to-last date of that T4E tour, only a month or so before Neil's tragedies began. So for the longest time I thought I had seen Rush for the last time.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Rocinante Helmsman
    Quote Originally Posted by BravadoNJ View Post

would be nice to see a new CD in late 2015.
    I'd rather see new music before another tour. I'm guessing no new music until at least 2017 (and maybe later)

I of course am with everyone on the bonus disc. I'm not into buying things twice.

I wonder whether Rush in Rio is really in HD or just another SD on bluray?

Talk about milking the cow, what a rip off!!!!!

I have some of those and wouldn't buy them again. R30 is the only one I really enjoy. I was disappointed by Clockwork Angels as a studio release and then equally as disappointed seeing it live on Blu Ray with the string section.It just doesn't click with me... But then again, I've been disappointed with this band since Power Windows... Give me the first 8 studio releases and keep the rest.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

People talk about Fripp milking it... jeeesh. I love Rush but if any of this isnt available seperately I wont touch it. I like that it's there if I want to get it - but damn. I also wonder about true - HD on some of this like Flang mentioned

Already own all that stuff so will only buy the bonus disc if separate.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Flang View Post
    I wonder whether Rush in Rio is really in HD or just another SD on bluray?

Probably will be SD-Blu-ray. If you have the Blu-ray "Beyond The Light Stage" documentary, you can see bits of Rush in Rio in WideScreen format. A little Better than the original DVD, a improvment in the screen crop, resolution and compression. If Eagle Records release it in 4:3 with black bars like the original DVD will be a real shame. The Non-lossless audio is a ready shame too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Sampaio Barbosa View Post
    Hi, I'm the guy who remastered the stuff. Here you can download the material:

Original Raw Videos Remastered by Bruno Samppa Rush - Dec 10, 1976 at Capitol Theatre, Passaic, NJ [LINKS].txt 1 KB
    https://mega.co.nz/#!ZhwkUYBQ!ujTjPq...2Yb6Y6D5Cr9BY0

Cheers
    Wow, thanks for the links and downloads.
    The Path is Clear