Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Beefheart Box

Quote Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
    Checked this on Amazon - $60? You've got to be kidding! I only want Decals and the outtakes disc - I've got the other two and they rarely get plays from me as is. I sincerely hope the price goes down, or that Decals gets a single CD release.
    I like the idea of having Spotlight and Clear Spot on separate discs. But I also like thinking that, if I support Rhino here, then we will get more releases, perhaps even something as good as I'm Gonna Do What I Wanna Do.

I can dream ...
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Amazon UK has it for cheaper, especially if you order outside the UK (no VAT)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    As far as I can tell there is no overlap with the Revenant box. Am I missing something?
    No you're probably right. The titles looked familiar, but it didn't actually pull it out to check.

Quote Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
    Checked this on Amazon - $60? You've got to be kidding! I only want Decals and the outtakes disc - I've got the other two and they rarely get plays from me as is. I sincerely hope the price goes down, or that Decals gets a single CD release.
    Maybe you should listen to the two you've got? There's some great stuff on those albums. There's nothing on Decals that knocks me out like Low Yo Yo Stuff.

The highlights for me are Alice in Blunderland, Her Eyes are a Blue Million Miles, Big Eyed Beans from Venus, and Click Clack. Regardless of their quality, I'm still paying for two albums I already own.

That's what I was saying. Skip the over priced box and enjoy what you've got.

I'm holding out for Decals to get a single CD release. This is just an attempt to grab extra cash from the faithful Beefheart fans and exploit the man's art after his death by selling us something we already have.

Hmmm. There's a point in there, Ian. But this looks like one of the more benign exploitations of the Beefheart catalogue to me. Did you see the dodgy, bootleggy releases I linked on the last page? There's dozens of those kinds of CDs out there, on a dozen different labels. Liner notes? Pffft. Sound quality? Ha! Grab a boot from whatever source and press it to disc. Somebody will buy it.

At least Rhino puts some effort into these releases (see again the great I'm Going To Do What I Wanna Do). I'm ok paying for a quality release. That I'm getting a little something new with it, well, that's just a bonus.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

And predictably, here are the separate releases:

http://www.imwan.com/phpBB3/viewtopi...1ba368ccf281eb

Glad I didn't bother with the box!