Thread: Dave Holland's Prism

Dave Holland's Prism

There is a full dvd show from July on Dime. I think this one is from 2012.

http://www.sensotv.ro/arte/Festivalu...stival-2012#/0
    Last edited by Shadow; 09-04-2014 at 04:11 PM.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

I now understand what Alex meant that he was wasting his time posting new and interesting music on PE. I now understand why all the peoiple that were interested in good and new music don't bother posting and have even left PE. Everyone here wants to hear the same old crap over and over. I think I'll join Alex and stop wasting time bringing new and exciting music to PE.

131 views - not bad. And I like it.
    But I know the feeling - did you btw watch my Needlepoint post ?

You should have made a headline like: YES, Dave Holland's Prism is the new Genesis of jazz !

I, too, know that feeling Shadow.I've probably posted more threads about music i felt strongly about that died quick deaths than anyone on PE..

Don't fret about it (too much).It's not healthy.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Maybe I should have photo shopped Phil Collins face on the drummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Maybe I should have photo shopped Phil Collins face on the drummer.
    They need Jon Anderson on vocals to generate interest here!

Great video. I lost a bit touch with Dave Holland after following his quintet and big band for some time, but I can hear he is back with a vengeance. He must have lifted the idea for this new quartet from his fellow saxman Chris Potter, whose quintet with Craig Taborn and Adam Rogers on guitar went in the similar direction.

Actually I dig very much Potter's "Follow the Red Line" recorded in Village Vanguard in 2007 in that lineup. If Holland releases a live disc with Prism quartet, I will pick it up too. I like such freewheeling electric guitar playing in a jazz context and I can already hear that Kevin Eubanks is no slouch. Somehow I have not heard about him, maybe because I have always mistaken him for his brother Robin. Actually I was rather surprised to open the link and see a guitarist in place of the guy with a trombone...
    Last edited by Jay.Dee; 09-10-2014 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by walt View Post
    I, too, know that feeling Shadow.I've probably posted more threads about music i felt strongly about that died quick deaths than anyone on PE..

Don't fret about it (too much).It's not healthy.
    Exactly.

I'm in that boat with you guys. Just toss me a lifesaver if I fall overboard; I can't swim.

If you're not here on PE posting about prog, what other forums are you on?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I now understand what Alex meant that he was wasting his time posting new and interesting music on PE. I now understand why all the peoiple that were interested in good and new music don't bother posting and have even left PE. Everyone here wants to hear the same old crap over and over. I think I'll join Alex and stop wasting time bringing new and exciting music to PE.
    Thanks for posting. It is a very cool show. If you want folks to respond to your thread, I have found it helpful to add some comments about what I liked/didn't like in order to get the conversation going. Otherwise, yeah, even if people watch and like it, they may not respond.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    If you're not here on PE posting about prog, what other forums are you on?
    Fuze Zone

Killer vid, thanks! Saw these guys in SF and loved them...