Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hard rock that the missus likes

My lady is more into punk rock, but she likes stuff like Queen, AC/DC, Ozzy, some 80's Chicago, Air Supply, no prog at all for her, and I'm fine with that :-)
    I live in an ephemeral eternity

I have no "mister" and I certainly wouldn't have a "missus" (not that there's anything wrong with that, of course), but back when I was still dating, it seems the guys were into mellow AOR stuff or jazzy stuff. I think I dated only two guys who liked Prog at all. My exhusband, being a total 80s guy back in the day, loved everything New Wave or just plain Rock. My tastes are diverse enough to tolerate all of that, but I never did find anyone whose diversity matched mine, or at least came close enough to not argue about it in the car.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go" - John Muir

"To breathe the same air as the angels, you must go to Tahoe" - Mark Twain

Plenty of stuff I won't evenb try with her... she'll tolerate a lot if it's on the radion, but won't stand for an album full exc ept for the bands from the OP below

Purple
    P Floyd
    M Oldfield
    JM Jarre
    Alan Parsons
    Supertramp
    Boston
    ELO
    Dire Straits
    Kraftwerk

I'm sure I can add
    Moody Blues
    Tangerine Dream (the classic virgin years),
    Beatles
    and a few more...
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

My wife's favorite hard rock has always been the Scorpions, never sure why because she says most hard rock/metal sounds alike. But she is a big fan of Sting, Steely Dan and Genesis. She does like Marillion and Fish (enjoyed both live)

Quote Originally Posted by malterb View Post
    the Scorpions
    Which could, if we wished, lead us nicely into a thread about inappropriate album covers. I've got Virgin Killers on vinyl but thankfully not with the original cover