Thread: 2 Days and counting till LOCKN' music festival

2 Days and counting till LOCKN' music festival

Counting the hours.. second year for this.. great line up.. 5 min. drive from my house.. doesn't get much better.. http://www.locknfestival.com/

Quote Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
    Counting the hours.. second year for this.. great line up.. 5 min. drive from my house.. doesn't get much better.. http://www.locknfestival.com/
    The "original"Kesey bus is on sight.. Original bus Lockn'.jpg

Interesting eclectic lineup. If I were going I would definitely catch:

Umphrey's McGee
    Allman Brothers
    Gary Clark Jr.
    Drive By Truckers

Some other good ones on the bill as well, but the above would be my must see acts.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Interesting eclectic lineup. If I were going I would definitely catch:

Umphrey's McGee
    Allman Brothers
    Gary Clark Jr.
    Drive By Truckers

Some other good ones on the bill as well, but the above would be my must see acts.
    Umphrey's McGee closed out their set last night with Shine on you Crazy Diamond.. then String Cheese Incident did a whole set of Kool and the Gang.. I didn't stay up long enough to catch Taj Mahal's acoustic set at the Triangle stage.. back at it again today.. Really looking forward to Tom Petty closing out the show on Sat and Tedeshi Trucks during the afternoon.. and it goes without saying Allman Brothers will bring the house down with the Fillmore East set list on Sun.

Wow, what a lineup, you still have 2 days of Wilco, some Tom Petty, Willie Nelson, Allman Bros and lots of others to look forward to, man i'm jealous.
    Can you get a contact buzz from the Kesey bus?
    Have fun.

Tauk were a surprise for me.. never heard of them prior to yesterday... Incredible version of I Want You from The Beatles to close out their set.. very tight band.. very good musicians.. Today we've got Steve Winwood, Tom Petty, Tedeshi Trucks Band on tap.. left before Phil Lesh and Friends finished last night.. they will be back tonight so I'll catch the whole set.. So looking forward to Allman Bros. on Sunday.. never seen them.. and supposedly this is the last show other than a make up show in NYC later this year.. so it should be special..

Festival wrapped up last night with The Allman Bros. by far the highlight of the 4 days.. Steve Winwood was incredible as well.. not well versed with Widespread Panic but need to check them out.. Grace Potter was another strong performance.. by far the biggest disappointment was Willie Nelson... I fully realize his iconic status but he's one hurting puppy.. Tom Petty's band were very tight.. great performance but Tom... something just wasn't right.. it goes beyond the fact that he was stoned.. his body language was weird.. neurological issues? don't know... time will tell..

Sounds like a fest I would like to go to. We don't get many here and most are pretty lame, like the upcoming pot fest. Nothing there I'd like to see, at least. We did have a doom fest recently at some real small and crappy venues that Big Elf played at but I didn't have the time and money for that. That was tiny, really, though.

I'm hoping this new Rock In Rio thing might change that. I don't know how big it's going to be but it might be enough to bring in some fest type activities, like this one. Supposedly, it's the whole shebang so time will tell. Taking even a day trip to L.A. or Phoenix for a fest, if there were one, is out of the question for me right now so I don't get many opportunities for stuff like this. Here's hoping that will change.

Taj Mahal, huh? That dude's cool, and I'm not just talking about his music. I'd never heard of him until that Muscle Shoals doc, then checked him out on Guitar Center Sessions recently and he's entertaining, to say the least.