Thread: Stuart Gordon, RIP

Stuart Gordon, RIP

From the VDGG FB page:

"Last night, Stuart Gordon died in hospital from lung cancer; he had suffered a stroke Tuesday as well. A terrible loss.
    For those unfamiliar, Stuart played violin (tremendously) and occasional guitar on several Hammill solo albums, mostly in the '90s but also a few in the 80s and 00s. He was also part of many Hammill tours. I saw him live when Peter played the U.S. in 1990. Stuart was fantastic and drew much of the attention on stage. The few times I talked to him on those four nights (I was a kid on spring break from college so I could travel around a bit) he seemed a very gracious, friendly guy (and those who know him well will tell you that was exactly how he was).
    RIP Stuart."
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Caught him with Hammill in '99, some of which can be heard on Veracious. Nice player.

RIP
    Hell, they ain't even old-timey ! - Homer Stokes

Saw him w/ Hammill in '90. Great!

R.I.P.

I thought this was going to be about the guy who made Re-animator and a bunch of other great B movies! Sad news either way.

Sad news. Saw Gordon Stewart as a member of Hammill band in '95. They started the show with The Siren Song. With the first line of the song the audience raised from the chairs as if by command...
    RIP GS

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    I think I'll put on "Room Temperature" this evening. RIP.

First encountered him in this beautiful song:

Does it matter that this waste of time is what makes a life for you?

A sad loss. Saw him w/ PH & Nic Potter on the Room Temperature Live tour...great show.
    Check out my solo project prog band, Mutiny in Jonestown at https://mutinyinjonestown.bandcamp.com/

Check out my solo project progressive doom metal band, WytchCrypt at https://wytchcrypt.bandcamp.com/

I saw him here in Israel with PH in 2001, great shows which were later heavilly featured in the fantastic live album Veracious.
    After the show we managed to have a little chit-chat with him, he was very jovial and extremely nice and talkative.
    He was an ideal companion to PH in live shows, mastering an endless repertoire of songs and with the ability to improvise or follow a lead on a whim.
    He will be greatly missed

Here is a pic I took of him in 2001:

hammill_noga4_stuart_gordon.jpg