Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Enchant - The Great Divide

Proud Member since 2/2002 UnderAGlassMoon's Avatar
    Speaking of lyrics, this album has one of my favorites from Ted on the song "All Mixed Up"

"I'm breaking things I should bend and bending things I should break"

Pretty simple, but I like it. Hits home.
    Eric: "What the hell Hutch, it's all Rush, what if we wanted a little variety?"

Hutch: "Rush is variety, Bitch! Rule number one: in my van, its Rush! All Rush, all the time...no exceptions."

From "Fanboys" 2009.

Been listening much more to this tonight. Just keeps getting better and just discovered they are playing ROSfest 2015. Damn, guess I better start saving.

Hutch: "Rush is variety, Bitch! Rule number one: in my van, its Rush! All Rush, all the time...no exceptions."

From "Fanboys" 2009.

This album is pretty great after multiple listens. I usually pick an album to be my "gym" album, and this one is it for the time being. I actually wish Bill Jenkins would do a bit more in the songs. I really think he is under-utilized in the band. I'd still love to hear them do an epic song.

My one complaint is that the first lyrics you hear on the album are "Round and round and round we go, and where we stop, nobody knows."

There should be a moratorium on using ANY variant of those lines in a rock song.
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasKDye View Post
    My one complaint is that the first lyrics you hear on the album are "Round and round and round we go, and where we stop, nobody knows."

There should be a moratorium on using ANY variant of those lines in a rock song.
    I agree and Doug Ott has never been one to shy away from cliche when it comes to his lyrics.

FWIW, I feel the opening track is the weakest on the album.

From "Fanboys" 2009.

The way I hear it, I think it's used a bit knowingly/tongue in cheek. Aware of the cliché, but owning it-- using it anyway, like a kind of commentary/other person dialogue.

Not that I think their lyrics are always perfect. But often they can really, er, hit the nail on the head-- down to earth, poignant, affecting.

Suddenly I think of Yanks-- RIP-- a fan of this band who could care less about lyrics, lol.

Glad to see Enchant back in action.