Thread: Cocoon - preview of my first prog album.

Cocoon - preview of my first prog album.

Hi fellow proggers. Well i'm new here but thought i'd just jump straight in and let folks know what i'm about. I'm possibly setting myself up for a fall, as i've been looking at the forum all afternoon, and i've noticed there's some ... well ... people who know how to speak their mind. But sod it. Here's a link to a teaser of my new album which is the first prog album i've made in a 20 year song writing period. Midlife crisis? Lol maybe, but here goes.
    https://soundcloud.com/tiger-moth-tales/album-teaser
    Thanks to anyone who takes the time to listen and I look forward to getting involved in this forum. Cheers

Great stuff! How much of this is you (what instruments, writing...), how much is collaboration?

Thank you. It's all me. Wrote it, played it, sang it and recorded it in my antiquated studio in my back bedroom. Guess I'm a bit of a loner. Lol

Some nice music. It reminds me of recent Steve Hackett in places. Thanks for sharing!

Recording a prog album for your midlife crisis is a lot better than some of the alternatives.

Thank you Soc Prof. Well spotted, I'm a huge Hackett fan, plus I have a sustainiac on my guitar. Just hope I haven't plageourised.

Really nice. I like the finger style guitar at about 4:40, that was really a nice contrast to the electric instruments.

Wonderful stuff! This is just the sort of thing I enjoy. Please let us know how to go about obtaining this great music (legally, of course).

Hi again. Sorry it's been a while. For those expressing an interest in the Tiger Moth Tales album Cocoon, I'd like to thank you and i'm glad to say that at last the CD is out. It's been released as hard copy only buy White Knight Records and can be bought on there site:
    http://www.whiteknightrecords.co.uk/
    For those that don't know, White Knight is co run by Magenta founder and genius Rob Reed, to whom I shal always be in debt.
    Downloads of Cocoon aren't available yet, but will be in the near future.
    If you guys want to try before you buy, there are samples and info on the TMT site:
    www.tigermothtales.com
    Thanks again for your interest and thanks in advance for any customers.