Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Transatlantic - KaLIVEoscope

Can anyone comment on the audio quality of the CD in this set? With the exception of More, I have found the sound quality of live TA to be pretty bad. Would like to buy this set ....

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    TheLoony, I'm returning the compliment since you quoted me.
    This is my new SIG, if I can ever get it to display:

"Neal seems to be a guy who could sit down on the toilet for a few minutes and have a prog epic done when he comes out."
    OH. THAT line. Funny, the genesis of that line comes from Nuno Bettencourt and a story I heard about him being challenged to write a song while on the john and he came up with More Than Words. Supposedly. At least that's what I remember. But Neal does seem to be rather prolific so I wouldn't be surprised if he does write epics while doing #2.

My humor is hit and miss, mostly on the big swing and a miss side of things. That's one of my more clever ones. They are few and far between but that's ok. Makes the wait worth it(if you can slog through all my rantings to get to the few gems).

Back OT, I watched the Q&A session on the disc and Portnoy does say they wen't from a small side project BITD to, I think he said, a part time band. Something like that. So what Profusion was saying seems to be spot on. I also noticed, in the doc, a guy in Spain wearing a red turban and rocking out. I don't care about religiousness and how someone sports theirs I just thought it was a little funny. Not something I would expect to see. Sort of like the black guy at the heavy metal show or chicks at prog shows it's just something I don't see very often if at all. I also didn't expect Thjis Van Leer to be huge. I watched a couple of Focus clips from BITD in response to some convo here not too long ago and he was pretty skinny then. Bummer for him. The dude still jams and I liked that tune Sylvia, another tune I was completely unaware of. Nights in White Satin is kind of a let down as far as covers go. Not awful and nicely done live but not really a showstopper IMO.

At least all I had to do was type Thjis van Leer. The TA guys never did figure out the pronunciation of his name. I didn't watch the BeatleBattle but there was a little of that in the car and those guys are ridiculous.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    OH. THAT line. Funny, the genesis of that line comes from Nuno Bettencourt and a story I heard about him being challenged to write a song while on the john and he came up with More Than Words. Supposedly. At least that's what I remember. But Neal does seem to be rather prolific so I wouldn't be surprised if he does write epics while doing #2.

My humor is hit and miss, mostly on the big swing and a miss side of things. That's one of my more clever ones. They are few and far between but that's ok. Makes the wait worth it(if you can slog through all my rantings to get to the few gems).

Back OT, I watched the Q&A session on the disc and Portnoy does say they wen't from a small side project BITD to, I think he said, a part time band. Something like that. So what Profusion was saying seems to be spot on. I also noticed, in the doc, a guy in Spain wearing a red turban and rocking out. I don't care about religiousness and how someone sports theirs I just thought it was a little funny. Not something I would expect to see. Sort of like the black guy at the heavy metal show or chicks at prog shows it's just something I don't see very often if at all. I also didn't expect Thjis Van Leer to be huge. I watched a couple of Focus clips from BITD in response to some convo here not too long ago and he was pretty skinny then. Bummer for him. The dude still jams and I liked that tune Sylvia, another tune I was completely unaware of. Nights in White Satin is kind of a let down as far as covers go. Not awful and nicely done live but not really a showstopper IMO.

At least all I had to do was type Thjis van Leer. The TA guys never did figure out the pronunciation of his name. I didn't watch the BeatleBattle but there was a little of that in the car and those guys are ridiculous.
    The image (well, idea) of Neal in the bathroom...creating...his latest giant epic is funny.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    The image (well, idea) of Neal in the bathroom...creating...his latest giant epic is funny.
    I hear he's got one in the roaster...

I'll most likely never meet Neal but someone reading this might get that chance to ask him if he gets inspired as he's moving his bowels. He is rather prolific so it has to happen sometime. There's only so many hours in the day.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

I barely have time to come up with a prologue...
    <sig out of order>