Thread: Mist Season - Reflections

Mist Season - Reflections

The latest Samurai Of Prog CD which I have pre-ordered is delayed due to a lost shipment from the manufacturers. In the meantime, Seacrest Oy records sent each of us who are waiting a free disc from their catalogue (a lovely gesture, and much appreciated). Mine is Mist Season's Reflections, which I hadn't heard a note of prior. Wow! My question now is WHY have I not heard a note of this before? This is terrific stuff, a dynamic blend of largely instrumental prog (very occasional female vocals) and fusion from Finland that features saxophones, lute, grand piano, accordion, harp and trumpet alongside the usual instruments. Solid compositions and playing here, I'm really impressed by this disc, and I look forward to checking out their other albums in the near future!

I'm lucky to have received mine for free, but it's well worth paying for too:

http://www.seacrestoy.com/mist_seaso...#MIST%20SEASON

Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

That sample was really nice. I really enjoy a band that isn't afraid to use a sax as a lead instrument.
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

Yes, this mishap has created a bit of problems... in any case the CD will be reprinted and it will be shipped after mid-September.
    Thank you for your understanding.

The Samurai of Prog

Quote Originally Posted by The Samurai of Prog View Post
    Yes, this mishap has created a bit of problems... in any case the CD will be reprinted and it will be shipped after mid-September.
    Must be incredibly frustrating to have them lose an entire shipment like that. Do they not accept any responsibility? Oh well, it will be worth the wait and in the meantime I have this Mist Season disc and the first two Samurai albums to keep me happy!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***