Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Your Old Vinyl Collection .....

Don't really know but you can start right now by heading over to the Trading Post and checking out my links to 2 eBay auctions that are ending today!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    Is there a way to post a sortable spreadsheet?

Not buying. Selling.

and I don't trust e-bay enough to use it.

éí 'aaníígÓÓ 'áhoot'é Don Arnold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    Not buying. Selling.

and I don't trust e-bay enough to use it.
    Discogs (you may have already heard of it) is another popular site for selling music. As to ebay, I've been using them for a couple years now with no problems. Mind you, most of what I've sold are cds in the $7 to $12 range, but I've also parted with a couple rare records and those transactions went fairly smoothly. Just conveying my own experience.

Yes, but just wanted to point you over to the Trading post..I have been selling on eBay since 2002, haven't had any problems other then a few bidders never completing the sale(of course you don't ship till they pay) I recently sold a 600 lot of LP's through eBay for $160...LP's are sure hard to sell for any substantial $$ unless they are extremely rare..And the lowest price you can get an LP mailer these days is about a $1, and that's only if you buy in bulk..

Quote Originally Posted by tom unbound View Post
    Sunset Tower Records, Los Angeles (1971)

Just spotted this..... ahh, the good old days !......(I still have my All Things Must Pass)

https://archive.org/details/casacsh_000018
    Ah, those were the days. Just needed to light a stick of incense to create the ambiance.

Living out here in the sticks we never experienced such a glorious selection. On a trip to the Twin Cities when my brother and I were in high school, we talked our parents into letting us go to the famed/infamous Electric Fetus record store. It was too much. We were so confused by the enormous selection we ended up walking out with next to nothing. Obviously we made up for this by the time we hit college where we spent as much on records as dad spent on tuition.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    by the time we hit college where we spent as much on records as dad spent on tuition.
    And which education stuck with you???

Well the former of course...
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    They had a whole shitload of records at the Goodwill outlet store today. Got there kinda late so only grabbed two, Gabriel's first and a John Mayall double Back To The Roots. Both in great shape and Mayall had the book in perfect shape. One guy I know from shopping there found the first Pink Floyd and he said others before him found signed Beatle albums. That sounds good but you have to have them verified. There lots of 70's and 80's prog and classic rock but they had some to lots of wear and I already had or just plain didn't want them.
    What no starcastle?

L. A.Tower Records - I was there, bought Sufficiently Breathless (Japanese CD) and Secret Treaties (CD) in the year of Desert Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Modry Effekt View Post
    ^^¨^^^
    Freak Emporium yeah.Thick catalog to browse.Those days never come back.Cut the cries,it was mostly CD days for me.

Freak Emporium catalog was the first time i heard genre,stoner.