Thread: Youtube question

Youtube question

Maybe someone here can shed some light. How is it that so many parody videos of popular songs get left on the site, while others get silenced or removed?
    Same goes for people who simply upload popular songs on Youtube. Countless songs are left alone- others are removed.

How exactly are so many users getting away with it?

Parodies are legal to make. They are not violating copyrights. More to your specific questions, some artists or their reps monitor YT very closely to protect their copyrights. Others not so much.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    some artists or their reps monitor YT very closely to protect their copyrights. Others not so much.
    Ah. Ok. Cause a buddy of mine was complaining today about his parody being removed. (And in the past, I'd tried uploading songs like countless others, only to have them taken down. Even tried that old trick of slightly slowing down the pitch. Still got removed. I gave up trying.)

So in my friend's case, he's just plain unlucky with the monitoring then, huh?