Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yes - Streaming live tonight (8/19)

Yes - Streaming live tonight (8/19)

www.yahoo.com/live

Just a reminder, as mentioned in another thread, tonight's Yesshow will be available on the Yahoo site.
    11:30 et. Enjoy!
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Thanks for he heads-up on the show ! I bailed on the Yes threads a while ago.....

No wonder you look so malnourished.

Hmm, 4.30am UK time. Think I'll pass! Shame, as I couldn't make it to the last tour, and I think Jon Davison's been a good thing for the band.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Looks like these are available for 48 hours for "re-play" so even though tonight's show is past my beddy-bye time, I'll be sure to try to catch this after the event. Dug their show a few weeks ago at the Oakdale in Wallingford CT (and last year at Mountain Park from the first row). thanks for the heads-up!

Expect the entire thing on Youtube tomorrow at any rate.

éí 'aaníígÓÓ 'áhoot'é Don Arnold's Avatar
    Pardon my ignorance, but will this be a live concert on their current tour? Decent footage/sound? I've never used yahoo live before (didn't know it existed....mind you...I don't use a cell phone either ).

tnx!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Arnold View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but will this be a live concert on their current tour? Decent footage/sound? I've never used yahoo live before (didn't know it existed....mind you...I don't use a cell phone either ).

tnx!
    Yes (ahem) it is a live concert and should be excellent quality sound and video.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

^ thanks Obscured. Another question. I presume it's free? If so I would imagine there's all sorts of ad banners that come along for the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Arnold View Post
    ^ thanks Obscured. Another question. I presume it's free? If so I would imagine there's all sorts of ad banners that come along for the ride.
    Yes (ahem) it's free; my first time with the yahoo stream too. No other info, click on the link

Quote Originally Posted by tom unbound View Post
    Thanks for he heads-up on the show ! I bailed on the Yes threads a while ago.....
    Me as well. Way too many of them to be perfectly honest. Still love to listen to their classic albums every now and again, however, much like Rush and Dream Theater, I have little to no interest in their latest album/tours and have moved on to other bands.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yesrushdt View Post
    Me as well. Way too many of them to be perfectly honest. Still love to listen to their classic albums every now and again, however, much like Rush and Dream Theater, I have little to no interest in their latest album/tours and have moved on to other bands.
    You might want to change your user name then.

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    Expect the entire thing on Youtube tomorrow at any rate.
    11 is past my bedtime.. I'll opt for replay or Youtube option..

Still love to listen to their classic albums every now and again,
    Then you should catch this as the current band with JD & GD brings new life into "Close To The Edge" and "Fragile", both being played tonight.

I have little to no interest in their latest album/tours and have moved on to other bands.
    Yet you have no problem visiting this page, sadly to throw your negativity around instead of "moving on".

I'm in the room. Cameras on either side of the stage and another at the rear. I don't see anything else. Hopefully they'll also shoot Syd Arthur. The crew looks ready to go.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    . Hopefully they'll also shoot Syd Arthur.
    Don't think so, that would have been nice. Yahoo page has a nice Yes logo up, much better than the one used on H & E imo.

Syd Arthur played a short but sweet set:

- Garden of Time
    - Autograph
    - Edge of the Earth (I think)
    - All and Everything
    - Sinkhole
    - Chariots/Singularity

The audience were polite but not totally into it. They were being filmed.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

** BUMPITY BUMP **

www.yahoo.com/live

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    Then you should catch this as the current band with JD & GD brings new life into "Close To The Edge" and "Fragile", both being played tonight.

Yet you have no problem visiting this page, sadly to throw your negativity around instead of "moving on".
    Interesting how often people feel the need to explain they are over something or have moved on.

Enjoying watching this a few weeks after catching them in Madison.

And we're done. Good job, though it must be hard to fight "going through the motions-itis" at this stage of a tour. Steve played really well with some nice unscripted licks and solos (yes, it is interesting what he's doing with "Owner" on this tour) but the star of tonight goes to Chris. His last note at the end of "Heart of the Sunrise" was pretty fucking devastating.

I think the last tour was better, though I get the sense most felt they got their money's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    the star of tonight goes to Chris.
    Agreed. He still makes playing all those bass licks look stunningly effortless. Everyone else was fine (though the usual chagrin goes out about Steve's too-clean guitar tone) and I'm getting the impression that JD is starting to feel comfortable putting more of his own identity into the songs, but Squire was amazing.
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    I caught the last few minutes of AYAI and the first section of CTtE before the midnight bell tolled bedtime. I thought the band sounded great (as they did when I saw them earlier this summer) and look forward to watching the whole show tonight. I would definitely buy any live documents (DVD etc.) from this tour. BTW, the crowd in CT seemed to really enjoy Syd Arthur, as I did. A great new voice in prog-psych-whatever.

Thanks to the OP for this thread! I watched several tunes last evening (it started 8:30 my time - PST) and it was fun. Mostly. I have an older computer and the video lagged behind the audio and was slow moving. Fortunately the audio was just fine and the band sounded great. Saw them live in my home town (first time they had ever played in Victoria, BC) earlier in the summer with my wife and we both loved the show. Loved the idea of their playing CTTE, TYE and GFTO in the album's entirety and running order. One other song I would have enjoyed hearing was Heart of the Sunrise. Got to watch/listen to that one last night - great stuff.

I just finished slicing up the audio into tracks and having my first listen on my main system

Sounds a bit like a normal Sirius / XM feed so there is a bit of a "compressed" feel, but still great to have

I'm not as much of a wiz with video, no idea how to capture that but I trust someone will post someplace before too long

The audio will do for now

Good stuff

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Just watched it. Well filmed and excellent sound quality. This could easily be released commercially. It shows a newly energized Yes with spot on vocals and interesting nuances in the music. The band still doesn't have the power or sharpness of yesteryear, but then neither do I after 40 years. JD truly has an amazing voice and adds new beauty to the lyrics but I do miss JA's fuller sound and his ability to inspire and lift the audience up out of their seats and into the stratosphere. Still, I thoroughly enjoyed watching this concert.