Thread: MC/Music Choice TWC, Optimum- CableVision others..Likes? Dislikes?

MC/Music Choice TWC, Optimum- CableVision others..Likes? Dislikes?

Was watching MC/Music Choice today on TWC, ( also have watched it on Cablevision/Optimum) Had the Classic Rock channel on.. what caught my attention was the Factoid/aka "Did You Know" (these flash across the screen as photo stills are displayed) ..Phil Collins "Sussudio" was playing and one the factoids read that he was a "child actor"???....And so it goes with various bands (Allman Bros., Alice Cooper, Stones), then BANG, MONTROSE'S "Space Station" from 1973..!!!! Any thoughts?

Yeah, Phil was a child actor. He was actually in a made for TV movie when he was a teenager called Calamity The Cow. And he also played The Artful Dodger in a stage production of Oliver Twist. And he was also an extra in A Hard Day's Night.

As for Music Choice, last few times I've passed through the channels, I thought it was not so good. I remember we first started getting MC on our cable TV service back in the late 90's, and at the time it was really cool because you're heard all kinds of stuff on the classic rock station that was different, like one time I remember hearing Perfect Strangers from Deep Purple.

Every couple years, they seem tos wap around the station names and content. At one stage, they had a "progressive" station, but it seemed to play mostly whiny Gen X singer/songwriter types, so apparently they weren't using "progressive" in the same way as "progressive rock" music or early 70's "progressive rock" radio, I guess.

Anyway, for awhile I really liked the classical, jazz, and new age stations. The Classical Masterworks station used to play full symphonies and concertos, and the new age station used to play ambient stuff like Steve Roach and Robert Rich. But they got rid of the Masterworks station (now they just have a "Light Classical" station, which is largely useless in my view) and the new age station doesn't seem to play any interesting stuff anymore.