Thread: Seattle CD shops

Jon Neudorf

Seattle CD shops

Going to be in Seattle for a couple of days near the end of August. Going to to check out some music shops like Sonic Boom, Everyday Music and Silver Platters (not sure if I will get to both locations).. Any thoughts on these or any other music stores you recommend. It has been a couple years since we've been there. I know Sonic Boom moved out of Capitol Hill area. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Jon

Silver Platters does carry some prog, they had an agreement with Hansi Cross of Progress records and carried their stuff for a while, though its been years since I've been there. Back in the day I bought cds by Anglagard, Thieves' Kitchen, Magenta, Cross, The Muffins (they have a lot of Cuneiform), Anekdoten, Ere G, etc... at the Southcenter store which has been moved to downtown Seattle. I don't know Everyday Music.

Jon Neudorf
    Thanks. It is definitely on my list.

Regards,
    Jon

There's also Easy Street Records in West Seattle. The Queen Ann store closed a couple of years ago.

If you happen to be in town on Friday August 29th, there is a local prog show happening at the Rendezvous/Jewel Box Theater on Second Ave in Bell town. Autumn Electric & Bone Cave Ballet, both have played at the Seaprog festivals.

Jon Neudorf
    Thanks Joe F. Unfortunately will not be there on the 29th. Will check out Easy Street.

Regards,
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by bill g View Post
    at the Southcenter store which has been moved to downtown Seattle.
    The southend Silver Platters is on First Ave South in what's called the "SoDo" district (short for south of downtown), just off the West Seattle bridge -- so it's right on your way to Easy Street. Worth visiting too, the store is huge and well-stocked. Moreso than the main Northgate store.

Jon Neudorf
    Thanks so much. Will definitely be hitting that one.

Regards,
    Jon

Jon Neudorf
    Was only able to make it to a couple Silver Platters, Sonic Boom and Easy Street. Some nice finds so overall quite pleased. Next time we go to Seattle will come for longer. This was more of a whirlwind visit.

Regards,
    Jon