Thread: SUPERNAL ENDGAME Release "Touch the Sky: Volume II" on 10T - FREE Download

SUPERNAL ENDGAME Release "Touch the Sky: Volume II" on 10T - FREE Download

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

August 12, 2014

SUPERNAL ENDGAME Release "Touch the Sky: Volume II" on 10T Records

Charleston, SC - August 12, 2014 (10T Records) - 10T Records will release Touch the Sky: Volume II, the brand new studio release by SUPERNAL ENDGAME, on August 19, 2014, with a retail street date of September 16, 2014.

Hailing from Dallas, Texas, Supernal Endgame specializes in melodic symphonic progressive rock combined with elements of hook-filled power-pop and melodic hard rock, with a touch of ambient music and Celtic folk. Lyrically, the project is infused with a strong spiritual element.

On their second full length release, Touch the Sky: Volume II, the band consists of Rob Price (lead and backing vocals, drums, percussion, loops, and keys), John Eargle (electric, acoustic, and synthesized guitars, keyboards, loops, bass, mandolin, secondary lead and backing vocals), Tom More (bass guitar, keys, midi pedals, backing vocals), Jett Cheek (keyboards, backing vocals), and John Crafton (electric, acoustic, and classical guitars, backing vocals). The band is joined on Touch the Sky: Volume II by special guests Dave Bainbridge from the band IONA and Carl Baldasarre from the band SYZYGY on lead guitar.

"For this release, we've pushed much further into prog/art rock territory, without sacrificing our commitment to making thoroughly melodic music," says drummer and lead vocalist Rob Price. "Although there are significantly more purely instrumental passages on this album, we hope that listeners will spend time pondering the project's lyrical content."

"10T is a great fit for us musically and philosophically," says multi-instrumentalist John Eargle. "Friends of the band have suggested that we join forces for several years, and hearing from Steve Carroll that he appreciates what we do seemed to confirm the match. 10T seems to be an artist-friendly label with a high level of artistic conviction, and we are honored to be on their roster."

"From my very first listen, I knew that Supernal Endgame was producing a sound that immediately spoke to my own personal musical heritage," says 10T Records president, Steve Carroll. "I also appreciate their desire to bring a heartfelt spiritual sincerity into their lyrical message. I was instantly reminded of vintage Kansas in that respect."

To help promote the release, 10T Records and the band are offering a FREE MP3 format download of the 14 minute track “Eden’s Song.” Just follow the link, place it in your cart, and check out – it’s that easy!

Touch the Sky: Volume II by Supernal Endgame is now available to preview in its entirety exclusively on the Supernal Endgame artist page on the 10T Records website.

Downloads are available for immediate delivery. All orders for physical CDs placed between now and August 19th will ship on that date in advance of the official mainstream release. After September 16th, Touch the Sky: Volume II will be available through your favorite retail outlet.

For further information:

Steve Carroll
    10T Records
    www.10trecords.com

# # #

Kudos to all involved!

Purchased the mp3 download yesterday. A great release, one of the best I've heard this year. Great job!
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

Quote Originally Posted by paythesnuka View Post
    Purchased the mp3 download yesterday. A great release, one of the best I've heard this year. Great job!
    To make things really simple, here's the direct link to the free download of the 14 minute track, "Eden's Song": http://10trecords.com/store/supernal...free-download/

Steve
    www.10trecords.com

Great news for all involved! Congrats to John and the SE team, and to 10T Records. As time goes on I am more and more proud to have Farpoint on this great label!
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter" - Yoda

www.farpointband.com
    www.greyfeather.net
    www.kevinjarvismusic.net

By the way, it should be noted that "Eden's Song" (the free download) features special guest Carl Baldassarre of Syzygy on the lead at the end of the tune. Definitely worth a listen.

John

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I don't think anyone has mentioned that there are a bunch of tracks up on Soundcloud - listening to one now. I'll either buy the download of the new album or buy a CD at ProgDay.

My money & I will be at your merch table 2 weeks from tomorrow.

Great music, kudos!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Thanks, guys. Look forward to meeting you!

John

Enjoying the track now. Thanks John!

An update just to let everyone know that all pre-orders for physical CDs are shipping today (8/19/14).

Downloads in a variety of formats (MP3, M4A, WAV, FLAC) are also available for immediate delivery.

Steve
    www.10trecords.com

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I went for the MP3 download - enjoying the album so far!

Sounds really good guys! Way to go!

Loving it!
    SymfoZone progressive rock radio show: www.symfozone.com

By the way, that reoccurring haunting "voice of Eden" in the free download song is none other than Laura Casale.

John

Best of luck with it guys! I look forward to hearing it. Oh, and welcome to the label/club!

We just made available for the first time ever downloads of Supernal Endgame's Touch the Sky: Volume I. It's available in MP3, M4A, WAV, and FLAC formats, starting as low as $4.99, exclusively through the 10T online store.

You can preview it in its entirety here (scroll down): http://10trecords.com/artists/genres...e/discography/

And purchase it here: http://10trecords.com/store/supernal...-sky-volume-i/

Steve
    www.10trecords.com

Monotheistic Supernalist ProgPariah77's Avatar
    Thought that I would wait until "wide release day" to give this thread a bump (September 16th, so "Touch the Sky, Volume II" is now available on iTunes/Rhapsody, from Amazon, and many other online retailers). Listen here: http://10trecords.com/artists/genres...e/discography/

We sure do appreciate all of your positive and supportive comments so far! And so as not to make this a completely pointless "bump," here are some early reviews of the project:

Dangerdog Music Reviews ("Album of the Week"):
    http://www.dangerdog.com/2014-music-...p#.VBw9tfk7um5

The Phantom Tollbooth:
    http://www.phantomtollbooth.org/inde...-sky-volume-ii

Sea of Tranquility:
    http://www.seaoftranquility.org/revi...ntent&id=16615

And for folks who read French (or don't mind using Google Translate or some such):
    http://www.musicinbelgium.net/pl/mod...ontent&id=6992

[> end of shameless self-promotion.
    Last edited by ProgPariah77; 09-19-2014 at 11:03 AM.

Hey guys,

Congratulations and best wishes with the album! Can't wait to check it out.

All the best,

Alan

BTW, Laura Casale (who sang on "Eden's Song" from Touch the Sky, Volume II) has recently released her new album, "Now Is Where You Are," a beautifully produced hybrid of ambient/symphonic prog and keyboard-driven rock, with some pretty stunning artwork from Ed Unitsky included with the CD. Links to order CDs or digital copies are here: http://www.lauracasale.com/music/alb...are/index.html

Here are some BRIEF camples with a bit of Ed's art:

Here's the Supernal tune on which she sang:

Last edited by ProgPariah77; 11-23-2014 at 05:19 PM.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    I ordered up a physical (CD) copy a couple of weeks ago after campling. While I am enjoying the album musically, I am finding the "spiritual" lyrics to veer a bit too much towards Christian Progressive Rock to really resonate with this Jew-boy. I am not in general opposed to this, as I own every Neal Morse album ever recorded, but I am struggling here to connect with the lyrical content. love the compositions and musicianship however!

Thanks for your kind words, rickawakeman! I do get where you are coming from ... while I am a huge fan of Jon Anderson, some of his lyrics leave me completely unmoved. I've never let that interfere with my enjoyment of his or Yes' music, though.