Thread: McCartney at Dodger Stadium

McCartney at Dodger Stadium

Saw this incredible show last night with my son! Paul was in very good voice and seemed in great shape after his earlier health issues.
    He played around 40 songs, Beatles, Wings, solo in a three hour show.
    Has anyone else seen any shows on this tour, and if so, what did you think?

One of the very few performers that I'd pay huge bucks to see live. His voice is amazing at 72!

40 songs and the guy's 2 years older than me!!!

Pretty humbling for this old rocker.

Glad it was a great night, Lady Sears!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I caught Paul's show last summer. It was freakin' brilliant. I saw it with my two boys.

Had a sweet suite seat in Brooklyn for the show a year ago-

Good times I tell ya!
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by prglvr View Post
    Has anyone else seen any shows on this tour, and if so, what did you think?
    Wifey and me got to see Sir Paul a couple of years ago, incredible, would gladly pay the big $ to see him again if given the chance.

If I'm not mistaking the current band Paul has is probably the longest standing group of guys he's played with, those guys are killer.

This was the second time I got to see a Beatle, the first being Pete Best (I know, not nearly as sensational but still fun). Going to see Ringo in a couple of months, can't wait.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    All I have heard about this tour is that after Paul plays Candlestick Park in San Francisco, they are going to tear that stadium down.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    All I have heard about this tour is that after Paul plays Candlestick Park in San Francisco, they are going to tear that stadium down.
    I like the symmetry of the whole thing...The Beatles played their last official concert at Candlestick and now Candlestick's last official event will be a Beatle
    Check out my solo project prog band, Mutiny in Jonestown at https://mutinyinjonestown.bandcamp.com/

Check out my solo project progressive doom metal band, WytchCrypt at https://wytchcrypt.bandcamp.com/