Thread: Mind Doctors

Mind Doctors

I posted this on another discussion group but got no response. Perhaps opening it to a wider viewing will turn something up.

'On The Threshold Of Reality' Kissing Spell CD.

I'm continuing the slog of cataloging the collection on Rate Your Music, and I
    came upon this page:

http://rateyourmusic.com/release/alb...ld_of_reality/

My understanding has always been that this is an archival release from 1995 by a
    spin-off of Wicked Lady.
    What evidence is there that this album was ever released in any form back in
    1976, and what evidence is there that the Kissing Spell issue is a re-recorded
    version of an earlier work?
    Can anyone help here, imo the RYM info is incorrect from pillar to post, but I'm
    happy to be proven wrong. Anyone?

Banned
    According to Martin Weaver, 500 copies of a demo of that lp were made in the mid 70s.

Ive posted to Hellride Forum for any further info. If anyone knows more, it should be the few heads there.

That rateyourmusic says some of the music is newagish and like Heldon.
    Well there is a big difference between the two. If it indeed sounds newagey then it is suspect, but even though its unlikely the band heard of Heldon back then, if it sounds Heldony/Kraut then Id say its certainly legit for the mid seventies.

Moe, you are well-imbued enough to know what the earliest "newage" sounds like, so ..is it suspect in your opinion? Why are you bringing this up? (Ive never heard Mind Doctors myself)

Anyways the lead guitarist/vocalist and the keysman were out to make something different, "head music". So the press was made.
    Last edited by Jymbot; 12-10-2012 at 10:16 AM.