Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trojan Horse

chalkpie

Trojan Horse

Is this a new condom for the "stallions" out there? Maybe. Its also a really great UK band that I heard last night on Kavus' radio show. One of the cats in the band named Nick was spinning the tunes - very eclectic and interesting stuff. TH has a new album coming out in October - based on the few tracks I heard last night its a MUST. Check these fuckers out.

http://trojanhorse.bandcamp.com/

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Is this a new condom for the "stallions" out there? Maybe. Its also a really great UK band that I heard last night on Kavus' radio show. One of the cats in the band named Nick was spinning the tunes - very eclectic and interesting stuff. TH has a new album coming out in October - based on the few tracks I heard last night its a MUST. Check these fuckers out.

http://trojanhorse.bandcamp.com/
    Great band, they supported us last weekend at the Resonance festival. Highly recommended and awesome live. New album out in October.

Their first album was wonderful: I hear influences like The Beatles, hard rock, math rock and some punkiness, with intricate and layered multipart songs. Strangely, one band I'm reminded of is the early City Boy, mainly because Trojan Horse uses harmonies and alternate voices. But it all adds up to their own description: "We listened to a load of King Crimson, Jethro Tull and Yes LPs, and dragged the 70s kicking and screaming through the subsequent decades, whilst cutting away all the 20 minute keyboard solos and ditching the capes".

We updated that bio a bit, to bring it in line with the new as yet unreleased album...

"Imagine the royal variety performance, except this time we behead the fuckers a la 1789, live on stage, to a soundtrack of YES, King Crimson, Black Sabbath/Flag, QOTSA, Blur, Supergrass, XTC, Futureheads, Converge and Mastodon.

Very weird, very noisy and vewy vewy quwiet."

What, no City Boy?

New album is wonderful. You'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavus Torabi View Post
    New album is wonderful. You'll see.
    It is. They have "the tunes" you can pre-order it soon as well. Playing with them on Saturday at Woodfest in Northamptonshire if you fancy coming.

chalkpie
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojanduke View Post
    We updated that bio a bit, to bring it in line with the new as yet unreleased album...

"Imagine the royal variety performance, except this time we behead the fuckers a la 1789, live on stage, to a soundtrack of YES, King Crimson, Black Sabbath/Flag, QOTSA, Blur, Supergrass, XTC, Futureheads, Converge and Mastodon.

Very weird, very noisy and vewy vewy quwiet."
    Nick - did you join PE because of this thread?! Ha. Nice.

Bad news = this thread is sinking like a drunk fat guy at a Holiday Inn pool at 2:20 AM

Good news = Can't wait to hear the new album and still digging your other stuff.

Wait, is that really good news? Stay well man.

chalkpie
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Stevens View Post
    It is. They have "the tunes" you can pre-order it soon as well. Playing with them on Saturday at Woodfest in Northamptonshire if you fancy coming.
    How was the gig fellas? Any topless babes?

I'm certainly in for this. Thanks you guys!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

chalkpie
    Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    I'm certainly in for this. Thanks you guys!
    Geezo - go check out the first album at the bandcamp site - it really is killer and ultra-diverse. Great schnat.

a1300244436_7.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ceuyoyi View Post
    I hear [ . . . ] some punkiness.
    Maybe it's just because I have Wire's A Bell Is a Cup on, but "Paper Bells" has a bit of a Wire feel.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Bad news = this thread is sinking like a drunk fat guy at a Holiday Inn pool at 2:20 AM
    Consider this a bump. Hopefully it will get picked up by the five or six other guys here who would enjoy this music.

I'll definitely pick this up when it comes out.

chalkpie
    Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Maybe it's just because I have Wire's A Bell Is a Cup on, but "Paper Bells" has a bit of a Wire feel.
    I am only vaguely familiar with Wire, but I can see where you're coming from on "Paper Bells". Lots of ethereal textures and general moodiness, especially in that second 'movement'.

That first album is spectacular! Truly inventive stuff that seems to wander in a million different places. More people need to hear these cats.

More people need to hear these cats.
    I'm one of those people! I just ordered Trojan Horse (Redux) from their bandcamp. Thanks again for the heads up.

I got their debut a few years ago, but for whatever reason I never got around to playing it. Listening to it now and it sounds great!

I'm one of those people! I just ordered Trojan Horse (Redux) from their bandcamp. Thanks again for the heads up.

Matt! i got your email, sorry for the delay, we've been having some production issues for a few months with the first CDs/artwork etc. Fully on top of it now and am beavering away as i type this putting together your order!

@Chalkpie, yeah i joined to chuck my hat in the ring of bigging my band up. WE'RE GOOD!

p.s. our NEW ONE is on pre-orders here, via the excellent Bad Elephant Music:

http://music.badelephant.co.uk/album...-upside-down-2

I'll be ordering the new one, too.

The new album is stunning. If you're coming to their London show tomorrow the tickets are here. And £3 cheaper online.

http://www.seetickets.com/event/the-...k-heart/808711

I'll become a fan soon.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

chalkpie
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    I'll become a fan soon.
    How many gerbil-years are we talkin' Nordic man?

How many gerbil-years are we talkin' Nordic man?
    A couple at the most. I'll have to hear the band first, THEN decide upon whether I actually like it as opposed to wanting to dig it due to the recommendations of Kavus and yourself. BTW, I hope for YOUR damn sake that none of the band members have mullets - 'cause I don't like those. Unless they play melodicas; then I'll cut some slack with the possible mullet-business. And are there any kazoo solos?

Anyways, I'll be looking out for this band. I recently got to hear Thumpermonkey and loved them, so I'll go with this bunch as well. Lotsa good stuff coming out of the UK all of a sudden, I mean more (uh) "unconventional" progressive thangs. Can't be bad.
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Looking forward to hearing both albums. I haven't checked out the DLs I got with my orders, so I'll go in with fresh ears.

I'm a fan now.