Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trojan Horse

chalkpie
    Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Spinning World Turned Upside Down for the first time right now, and it's hitting the right spot. Good stuff!

Nick, any update on the shipping of Trojan Horse: Redux? Looking forward to hearing that one, too!
    Matt - did you order "World" from their site? That sucker is like $22+ with shipping, right? Is there a less expensive place to buy the disc?

chalkpie
    This artefact was devised, written and recorded over a period of approximately three years between late 2010 and very early 2014. It was conceived on a nourishing diet of Robert Wyatt ‘Rock Bottom’, Soft Machine ‘Volume 2’, a new found appreciation of dub reggae, the BBC Radiophonic Workshop, Elliott Smith, Earth Wind & Fire ‘I Am’, Parenthood, Tears For Fears ‘Songs From The Big Chair’, Cardiacs, and social injustice. It was finally ‘finessed’ with a sprinkling of XTC’s ‘Black Sea’, sporadic touring with exceptional friends, enlivened by the seminal wood carving image for the cover of the 1646 revolutionary pamphlet ‘World Turned Upside Down’ by T.J., and lives lived under the foul austerity policies of an unwanted government.
    credits
    released 13 October 2014

Nicholas Joel Duke - Vocals/Guitars/Hammond/Keyboards/Percussion
    Lawrence Salvador Duke - Vocals/Bass/Guitars/Percussion
    Eden Ellis Duke - Vocals/Keys/Synths/Bass
    Richard Guy Crawford - Drums/Guitars/Vocals
    Danny The Red – Drums/Synths/Guitar/Vocals/Percussion

All songs written, arranged, and recorded by Trojan Horse & Danny the Red

Engineered, produced, mixed and mastered by Danny The Red at Red Eccles Studio, Salford.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Ok I'm very late to the party having only seen the band name in the most recent Prog magazine in a Steve Davis article where I love every other band he mentioned.
    Sounds like great stuff, I'll download it from Bandcamp.
    Ian

I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Matt - did you order "World" from their site? That sucker is like $22+ with shipping, right? Is there a less expensive place to buy the disc?
    That's where I got it. I'm not sure if it's available elsewhere.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Just sitting down to listen and read the notes, check out the artwork (spun it a few times in the car). And, hey, Kavus is on the album!

Hi folks,

We're in the process of setting up US distribution for all our releases, including the new Trojan Horse album. We're hoping it'll be up and running within the next couple of weeks, and I'll post a link here as soon as it's done.

Both Kavus and Chloe from Knifeworld guest on the album.

David

--
    David Elliott
    Bad Elephant Music

Web - http://www.badelephant.co.uk/
    Sales - http://music.badelephant.co.uk/
    Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/BadElephantMusic

It really is rather excellent, congrats
    Ian

There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

chalkpie
    Quote Originally Posted by BadElephantMusic View Post
    Hi folks,

We're in the process of setting up US distribution for all our releases, including the new Trojan Horse album. We're hoping it'll be up and running within the next couple of weeks, and I'll post a link here as soon as it's done.

Both Kavus and Chloe from Knifeworld guest on the album.

David

--
    David Elliott
    Bad Elephant Music

Web - http://www.badelephant.co.uk/
    Sales - http://music.badelephant.co.uk/
    Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/BadElephantMusic
    That's fantastic man! Congrats on the release - that is a great band you have on your label.

It may be of interest that Trojan Horse have also released a 7" single on RAK Records as part of that label's new Singles Club project. It's called Meat Eater, and you can see a video here.

The single itself can be ordered from the RAK website.

Quote Originally Posted by BadElephantMusic View Post
    It may be of interest that Trojan Horse have also released a 7" single on RAK Records as part of that label's new Singles Club project. It's called Meat Eater, and you can see a video here.

The single itself can be ordered from the RAK website.
    hahahahaha

Brilliant video.

go check out the first album at the bandcamp site - it really is killer and ultra-diverse. Great schnat.

Attachment 4079
    It's quite good. And cheers to Nick for sending along some extra goodies with the album.

Finally picked this up on CD proper - and to reiterate what a great album I think this is. The artwork is also pretty stunning - I love the fold-out layout and the overall vibe of the artwork. Autobuy for me on the next one.

The first one is just as good. Be sure to pick it up, too.

Edit: whoops! Went up thread just one post and see that's exactly what you told me to do.

Sweet! Great tune too. Very interesting arrangement. Bizarre drum sound too - I dig! Thanks Matt for the heads up.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

Excellent news.
    Ian

All around the world. On land and in the sea.
    Ooh.

^ Yes. That and then some.

Listening to World Turned Upside Down right now for the first time in a while, and I'm reminded why this album is one of my favorite albums from the past few years.

Prog Rock for the '10s. A weird distillation of post-punk, Kraut, RIO, improv, symph-type passages--there are quite a few bands spearheading this sound: Crown Larks; Cloud Becomes Your Hand; I'll even throw Knifeworld in with this lot. I'm guessing none of them are related in any kind of way (Kavus did play a solo on the last Trojan Horse album), but they all form a "movement" in my brain spaces--an awareness of '70s Prog (capitalized! That's big time progressing!) but without repeating or aping it. (Not, mind you, a criticism of bands who do directly acknowledge their Prog influences; I like plenty of those bands and wouldn't kick them out of bed for showing me their Genesis album collections.)

Totally agree with you, I love this new wave of bands.
    Ian

^ Yes. That and then some.

Listening to World Turned Upside Down right now for the first time in a while, and I'm reminded why this album is one of my favorite albums from the past few years.

Prog Rock for the '10s. A weird distillation of post-punk, Kraut, RIO, improv, symph-type passages--there are quite a few bands spearheading this sound: Crown Larks; Cloud Becomes Your Hand; I'll even throw Knifeworld in with this lot. I'm guessing none of them are related in any kind of way (Kavus did play a solo on the last Trojan Horse album), but they all form a "movement" in my brain spaces--an awareness of '70s Prog (capitalized! That's big time progressing!) but without repeating or aping it. (Not, mind you, a criticism of bands who do directly acknowledge their Prog influences; I like plenty of those bands and wouldn't kick them out of bed for showing me their Genesis album collections.)
    Right on brother.... neck-n-neck with everything you said. This is where my head is at, at least prog wise.

PS- Matt, have you checked out Stereolab? I'm riding a big wave of theirs right now and they somehow "fit" in with this way of thinking, although they are a bit ancient by this point. Highly recommended.

I'll sure be checking this band out. I would also add a band that Udi posted some time back, the Orvalians, to the lot of very interesting new bands.

PS- Matt, have you checked out Stereolab? I'm riding a big wave of theirs right now and they somehow "fit" in with this way of thinking, although they are a bit ancient by this point. Highly recommended.
    You sure love them, don't you? I picked out my old cds and revisit in the car, I don't have a cd player at home anymore. It's all vinyl, files and YouTube nowadays.

All around the world. On land and in the sea.
    That new track is pure hard rock channeling 10cc and Tears for Fears wonky pop.
    Check out Colouratura's sophomore release Unfamiliar Skies - out this spring on Melodic Revolution Records!

colouratura.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by Zappathustra View Post
    You sure love them, don't you?
    Yes I do. I'm also a compulsive sonofabitch and this music sounds fresh and neato to my September 2017 ears. LOTS to absorb as well. I am also busy exploring Krautrock like Trump's fingers at Hugh Hefner's mansion, as well as some olde tyme Floyd - its been a while. "Echoes" is always a fantastic spin.

Also just pre-ordered Fukushima Surfer Boys. This is one of those bands that will be autobuy as long as they keep making stuff.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.