Thread: Esoteric sign new album with Pink Floyd sound engineer/co producer Andy Jackson

Esoteric sign new album with Pink Floyd sound engineer/co producer Andy Jackson

Esoteric Antenna is pleased to announce the release of “SIGNAL TO NOISE”, the new studio album by twice Grammy nominated PINK FLOYD engineer ANDY JACKSON on 3rd November 2014 (both a single CD edition and a two-disc Digipack deluxe limited edition with a 5.1 Surround Mix). “Signal to Noise” is a fine, modern, progressive work, which draws on Andy Jackson’s exemplary work as an engineer and producer. Besides being an allusion to Andy’s sound engineering background, the title refers to many of the lyrical themes of the album. Andy explains; “The album reflects on the sorting of what is important in life from the humdrum of everyday existence, and is in itself an analogy for the process of the creation of the album”.

Andy's relationship with Pink Floyd began on the film soundtrack of “The Wall”, a relationship that continues to this day, (on albums such as “The Final Cut”, “A Momentary Lapse of Reason”, “The Division Bell”, “Pulse”, Roger Waters’ “The Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking”, David Gilmour’s “About Face”, “On An Island”, “Live in Gdansk”), resulting in two Grammy nominations for his work and Mix magazine’s award for best live sound engineer for “Pulse” tour. He is also engineer and a co-producer of the yet-to-be-released Pink Floyd album, “The Endless River”.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Wow, then surely you can obtain some camples of The Endless River from him for us to hear, right?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Wow, then surely you can obtain some camples of The Endless River from him for us to hear, right?
    sadly not!

I'm intrigued by this... Has Jackson recorded an album before, or is this his first? And any special guest appearances?

I'm sure the record sounds stunning too, with his recording expertise!

Mike

He plays with Eden House, a UK Goth band with Prog tendencies. They're very good. I have all their albums,

Yes Andy also produced Fields of the Nephilim--hence the goth connection.

Quote Originally Posted by zorknapp View Post
    I'm intrigued by this... Has Jackson recorded an album before, or is this his first? And any special guest appearances?

I'm sure the record sounds stunning too, with his recording expertise!

Mike

No, he plays everything and sings and doesnt have guests--we think its rather excellent .

Very cool! I look forward to ordering it...