Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The first Laser's Edge release?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Personal faves would be Sloche, Opus-5, Octobre and Conventum - but I'd actually be willing to consider Spirit of Christmas thereafter (in close compet with Harmonium or Contraction).

As for Ontario, there's a vast ocean between Lies to Live By or anything by Rush or Saga or Triumph or that True Myth album or whatever.
    Those and the fine Et Cetera s/t album as well as Pollen, and not quite the 70's but this album was a good one for me, Nathan Mahl - 1983 - Parallel Eccentricities.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

The first Laser's Edge release?

Filled out my collection with a few I’d never gotten for some reason. All at good prices (just $8-15 each) and two were actually still sealed.

I don’t recognize the Heritage album.

The Atlantis Philharmonic album is so underrated. I wouldn’t call it a classic, perhaps, but I’ve always enjoyed the Hell out of it. Amazing that it’s just two guys!

Never connected with the Load, and I can’t remember if it was that album I used to have or their other one.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    It's by Christmas; post-psych/proto-progressive (whatever) follwups to Reign Ghost - and forerunners of Spirit of Christmas. It's quite good; probably my fave from the four ones Jed displayed here.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Never connected with the Load, and I can’t remember if it was that album I used to have or their other one.
    I've had the second Load album since the early 90s and I was never was never crazy about it, but I listened to a bit of the first album on YouTube and it seemed to have more of a vintage Ameriprog sound.

I got into the Load because of the presence of amazing keyboard man Sterling Smith, who later turned up on Arthur Brown's Requiem LP, and has recorded with acts as diverse as J.D. Blackfoot and the Beach Boys!

Quote Originally Posted by Calabasas_Trafalgar View Post
    One more(actually 2)I'd like to mention are the Load CDs - Praise the Load and Load have Mercy. Knowing what an ELP fanboy Ken(and for that matter, Greg Walker)is, this must have been truly a labor of love. Meeting Sterling Smith at one of the L.A. Progfests(95? 97?)was a gas.
    Found a second-hand copy of Praise The Load on The Laser's Edge: nice [sic!] keyboard-driven prog, with a lot of classical influences and a nice foreword by Sterling Smith.

Was the Load's third album never made? In the presence of the Load.

Quote Originally Posted by rockcup View Post
    Was the Load's third album never made? In the presence of the Load.
    Nothing has been completed.

Love all the informations provided by Mr. Golden in this thread