Thread: Interviews that leave you wanting more

Interviews that leave you wanting more

I'm finding Dave Wyndorf and Josh Homme pretty interesting people. Monster Magnet and QotSA music is all new to me, and it's interesting & entertaining enough to explore both discographies (I'd had the Kyuss CDs for several years).

or any you just find comical and/or entertaining and intresting

Last edited by davis; 07-31-2014 at 01:34 PM.

Pete Townshend's made a lot of interesting comments in various interviews, a few of which are excerpted in The Kids Are Alright film, like when he describes The Beatles as sounding like crap, or when he basically totally disses The Who's entire fanbase.

There was an interview Jerry Garcia did for MTV back in 1987 where he was commenting on how the Grateful Dead had become "too big", and then looks into the camera and sarcastically tells everyone to not buy the new album or single. There's also a really good interview bit in The Grateful Dead Movie, where he's telling of how upset at the 14 February 1968 show at what was then still the Carousel Ballroom (which had not yet become the Fillmore West) when he got upset and shoved Phil Lesh down a small flight of stairs.

Peter Gabriel, I think facetiously but I'm not sure, suggesting he couldn't understand why the other band members didn't go for the suggestion of calling the band Gabriel's Angels is another that comes to mind.

One I find amusing is when a musician disses someone else, or even an entire genre, then adds "It's not that I have anything against, I just think they're terrible" or something like that. That one Genesis documentary from the early 90's has that comment where Phil talks about people dissing all the other early 70's bands and how agreed with most of the criticism, and he's like "It's not that I have anything against them, I'd just rather listen to Otis Redding or Aretha Franklin than Yes or Pink Floyd". Then he starts griping about how Genesis get lumped in with those bands..."Oh, we're different from Yes, ELP, and the rest of those bands". No you're not, certainly not enough so to earn yourself an exemption from such criticism.

I also remember Jim Hall, the legendary jazz guitarist say that when he goes to the gym he always has to ask someone to change the station on the radio, "because my IQ is falling everytime I have to listen to that stuff", and once again, you get the "I'm not against rock music..." (though he admits he's not even sure if the music he hears at the gym is even rock music).

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    ...he basically totally disses The Who's entire fan base.
    ...and Moon's drumming.
    Hell, they ain't even old-timey ! - Homer Stokes

Feel free to ignore the end of this

Quote Originally Posted by mogrooves View Post
    ...and Moon's drumming.
    Is that in The Kids Are Alright, or are you talking about some other interview Townshend did?