PDA

View Full Version : Strawberry Bricks Guide to Progressive Rock on sale

strawberrybrick
12-06-2012, 12:57 PM
Here's your chance to get the Strawberry Bricks Guide to Progressive Rock on sale for 45% off! The book is nearing it's 2,500 sale, and very positive reviews can be read at Amazon US and UK. Lulu.com is the publisher of the book, and shopping is safe and secure. Proceeds help support progressiverock.com.

First, go to the link below and click the blue "Buy Now" button to purchase it for 25% off at Lulu.com, the print-on-demand publisher for the book. Second, when you check out, use the code FELICITAS at checkout for an additional 20% off!

http://progressiverock.com/the-book

Don’t Delay! 20% off your entire order. Use code FELICITAS at checkout. Offer expires December 14 at 11:59 PM.

"This is the ultimate chronology of album releases of the more universally accepted genre of progressive rock. I am not saying for one second it is the final word but it does create fantastic debates and gets you revisiting long lost artists and albums. Well worth it!" -- Amazon.co.uk Customer

"This is a pretty encompassing book for the genre . There is one thing against it , the writing about bands that most folks haven't heard of instead of giving some of the more well known bands much needed space . Now I know this is a personal kind of knit to pick . Some people will enjoy reading about these bands , looking at it as a chance to learn about new bands . I'm not that person . Or , maybe it's just that the bands chosen didn't do anything for me when I tried listening to them . Either way , this is still well worth giving a read if you're into Prog at all." -- Amazon.com Customer

Bucka001
12-06-2012, 01:47 PM
A great book that one returns to often. Every prog fan should have a copy; highly recommended.

Jim Christopulos, co-author, "Van der Graaf Generator - The Book"

progeezer
12-06-2012, 02:12 PM
Highly recommended! I'd take advantage of this sale if I didn't already own it. I also sent one to my friend Aldo in Italy. It'll be interesting to see what he thinks of the writing about the Italian albums, particularly Felona & Sarona :D.

Brian Griffin
12-09-2012, 08:55 AM
I never picked this up, need to fix that

I think I will buy an extra for my surrogate daughter, (best friends daughter), who I think will love it as a Christmas present

BG

Brian Griffin
12-09-2012, 09:28 AM
Done!

Two book purchases in as many days, ordered the ELP book yesterday as well

BG

strawberrybrick
12-09-2012, 10:46 AM
Thanks Brian!

Brian Griffin
12-09-2012, 10:50 AM
Thanks Brian!

NP!

Really looking forward to it, but I'm really looking forward to Em's checking it out and reporting her thoughts back to me - I will let you know her perspective after the holiday, (she's 16)

BG

Bucka001
12-22-2012, 08:34 AM
A great book that one returns to often. Every prog fan should have a copy; highly recommended.

Jim Christopulos, co-author, "Van der Graaf Generator - The Book"

Of course, I have to get my copy back from my buddy Jeff of Cheer Accident, who I lent it to some time ago (he loves it)!