PDA

View Full Version : A Jaco Pastorius birthday playlist

daddysangbassdude
11-28-2012, 11:03 PM
When Jaco threw a birthday concert, he did it up right.

http://thecrossovermusicchannel.blogspot.com/2012/11/lets-have-birthday-jam-jaco-pastorius.html

FrippWire
11-29-2012, 03:35 AM
Jaco was the real deal. Sooooo sorry he went out the way he did. He's sorely missed.

spknoevl
11-29-2012, 03:39 PM
Ironically, I saw Weather Report in Toronto during the Heavy Weather tour on a night that was reportedly Jaco's birthday. As the evening progressed his playing and stage presence became more and more erratic culminating in him falling over and taking out Shorter's mic stands. Zawinul motioned to the stage crew who rather unceremoniously hauled Jaco off stage while the band continued to jam. About 10 minutes later Jaco reappeared and finished the evening although his playing was not up to his usual standard. I also remember the concert because I had to then drive the 30 miles home in a snow storm that dropped a foot of snow on the highway.

dropforge
12-01-2012, 01:32 AM
Jaco was the real deal. Sooooo sorry he went out the way he did. He's sorely missed.

Indeed, a horribly tragic demise. And not just the very end, but the time leading up to it. :(