PDA

View Full Version : at long last... Philharmonie - The Last Word

Septober Energy
11-27-2012, 06:48 PM
This CD came out in 1998. I wanted to buy it but never did. Before I knew it, it was out of print. I've been looking for it since at least 2000 or 2001. I finally got a copy today! I think that's got to be a personal record for the longest time looking for a CD. It was worth the wait! This completes my Philharmonie CD collection. These guys were sooooo underrated.

Steve F.
11-27-2012, 07:15 PM
These guys were sooooo underrated.
:cry

simon moon
11-27-2012, 07:29 PM
These guys were sooooo underrated.

You won't get any argument from me. Great band.

Septober Energy
11-27-2012, 08:18 PM
I follow Frederic L'Epee on Facebook, and it looks like he's got a new project that incorporates traditional Greek music or something along those lines. I'm hoping something comes out of that.

notallwhowander
11-27-2012, 08:48 PM
I enjoy the band as well. It's great to hear interlocking guitars outside of Fripp/Krim/Craft. They do some really beautiful stuff too. The song that hooked me into the band was the sample of "Sans Réponse" on the Cuneiform website. The whole album is great.

Brave73
11-28-2012, 09:22 PM
I think that's got to be a personal record for the longest time looking for a CD. It was worth the wait! This completes my Philharmonie CD collection. These guys were sooooo underrated.

I discovered the band in the early 2000's (when I requested, by PM, to someone on PE about more obscure music in the Crimson vein) and became a L'Épée fan almost instantly. I had to own the entire Philharmonie catalogue (while my search wasn't as long as yours for the final jewel in the collection, I was thrilled to snag a copy of "Beau Soleil" on Wayside 5-6 years ago when they had a few remaining copies left). Granted, I was also a completist, which meant getting Cuneiform's "Unsettled Scores" double cd (with Philharmonie's tribute to Miriodor with the track "Transsibérien" and the unreleased track "Promenade Intérieure" on L'Épée's website).

The song that hooked me into the band was the sample of "Sans Réponse" on the Cuneiform website.

That's my favorite track on "The Last Word" as well (which was also L'Épée's musical direction in the years following the band's breakup and before the formation of Yang, guitar loopings and solo work...).