PDA

View Full Version : My Recent Cd Purchases

JIF
11-26-2012, 11:18 PM
I went to Second Spin in Costa Mesa, traded in some cds, and got some new ones. I got the debut solo album from Robert Palmer called Sneaking Sally Through The Alley. It was quite funky, with a long, proggy, and funky closing track, and a million times better than his '80s crap. I also got the debut disc(Omerta) from Adrenaline Mob. It may not be prog, but it's a damn fine disc none the less. It fills the void left by the breakup of Pantera. I got Mane Attraction, which was the last album by White Lion(yes, that '80s hair band). Heavy and kickass, that one!! I also got Vicious Cycle by Lynyrd Skynyrd. Got it cause I love the song Red, White, And Blue, as well as the remake version of Gimme Back My Bullets with Kid Rock. Sadly during the recording, bassist Leon Wikenson died; this would also be the last LS recording to featuring Billy Powell in full(he died during the recording of the new album). Inspired by a thread on the old site, I picked used copies of three XTC cds. They were English Settlement, Skylarking, and Oranges And Lemons. Only listened to bits and pieces of those; sounds like excellent, clever English-British pop. I also got Us by Peter Gabriel and Ten Summoner's Tales by Sting. I did promise myself to dispense with solo artists that were in bands like Sting and Mr. Gabriel, but I couldn't pass these up cause they sound unique to what was going on it music at the time, with Gabriel's world music-inspired pop and Sting's jazzy-pop. I also got the second album by The Band; they sounded like a band from another time. I also got A Nod Is As Good As A Wink... by The Faces. A great messy rock band. I also got two alt-rock cds used: Them Vs. You Vs. Me by Finger Eleven and Satellite by P.O.D. Finger Eleven seems to have a disco vibe(that's not a bad thing). Finally, I got East Side Story by Squeeze; good Merseybeat pop. Don't know what to make of P.O.D. What do you all think of my selections?

Camelogue
08-08-2018, 01:20 PM
We didn't think much I guess.

Gruno
08-08-2018, 01:22 PM
We didn't think much I guess.

ouch!