PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Colosseum II?

ThomasKDye
11-25-2012, 07:46 PM
So I was listening to an old Cozy Powell album of jazz-fusiony stuff and wanted something in a similar vein. Having seen that Gary Moore and Don Airey, who played exquisitely on Powell's "Killer," were in a band called Colosseum II in the seventies, I checked a couple songs out and they weren't bad. Some really fiery playing; definitely more fiery keyboards than I've ever heard from Airey, and that includes his recent solo albums and Purple contributions.

What do others think?

Progbear
11-25-2012, 08:54 PM
I may have heard a song or two in passing; they’ve sort of always been on my back burner but I never got around to buying them for whatever reason. Weirdly, I know their singer (Mike Starrs) better via his work with Lucifer’s Friend.

-------------
MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

"That's my purse! I don't know you!" --Bobby Hill

N.P.:nothing

simon moon
11-25-2012, 09:43 PM
Great prog-fusion!

Electric Savage and War Dance are the ones to get.

rapidfirerob
11-25-2012, 09:45 PM
Great prog-fusion!

Totally agree. I have them on vinyl and they are killer. I bought Strange New Flesh on CD years ago and it wasn't that good IMO.

ProgUK
11-25-2012, 10:13 PM
All their albums are killer jazz rock!

presdoug
11-25-2012, 10:14 PM
Totally agree. I have them on vinyl and they are killer. I bought Strange New Flesh on CD years ago and it wasn't that good IMO.Yeah, i totally agree on this-i have all three on CD.

Rarebird
11-26-2012, 02:36 AM
I only have Strange new flesh. Still hoping the other 2 will also be rereleased by Esoteric.

Trane
11-26-2012, 04:25 AM
Great prog-fusion!

They're definitely the ones to get if you're into them.... but they're an uneven mixed bag... there are a few stinkers on both, mainly the ones with vocals

I'm definitely not a Strange New Flesh fan, again partly due to the vocals

Beebfader
11-26-2012, 04:52 AM
Dreadful vocals, great instrumentals, and sorely in need of a reissue of the twin punch `Electric Savage' and `Wardance'.

Homburg
11-26-2012, 05:43 AM
Electric Savage is superb.

I agree about the poor vocals.

sonic
11-26-2012, 07:56 AM
Not a patch on Colosseum I.

squ1ggle
11-26-2012, 08:28 AM
Another vote for Electric Savage (despite the vocals, which are more of a 'why bother' than 'unlistenably dreadful' to my ears). Gary Moore at his very best for me.

TheH
11-26-2012, 01:36 PM
So I really like all their 3 albums, I like Strange new Flesh the most. But I obviously the only one (here) :(

jargonking
11-26-2012, 03:22 PM
There's some excellent playing on Strange New Flesh but at times the vocals are jarring...'Gemini and Leo' sounds like Tom Jones backed by Return to Forever.....
On balance I think Electric Savage is the best they put out...

zeprogmeister
11-26-2012, 05:00 PM
Electric Savage and War Dance are excellent rock/jazz mostly instrumental albums.

They had a lead vocalist on the first album, there is some good stuff there but more uneven.

Rufus
11-26-2012, 05:34 PM
From recollection Gary Moore sang on the only vocal track on ES and he ain't a bad vocalist !

MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER
11-27-2012, 02:00 AM
AVOID STRANGE NEW FLESH ! ! !

having said that... Colosseum II are an excellent English clone of the phenomenal Prog Fusion band Return To Forever. Yes, C2 are *that* good. It is obvious that they are influenced by the albums Hymn... and Where Have... though

MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER
11-27-2012, 02:03 AM
So I was listening to an old Cozy Powell album and Cozy Powell was quite an excellent drummer... R.I.P. Cozy, see you in the resurrection

sonic
11-27-2012, 02:42 AM
I felt they were a clumsy attempt at Fusion — good enough to pull the wool over your eyes for a couple of tunes but not enough to carry off a whole album. Add in the horrendous vocals and you may as well throw the albums out the window.

gregory
11-27-2012, 04:02 AM
Strange New Flesh is their best IMO. Voacalist Mike Starrs sounds a lot like John Lawton. On expanded 2CDs edition there are many bonus tracks, with Gary Moore on vocals.
Their mext after SNF, Electric Savage is decent record, and War Dance is very similar, - I like beautiful song Castles, performed by Gary Moore. One track reminds of Return To Forever, particularly the Hymn Of Seventh Galaxy.

Homburg
11-27-2012, 04:03 AM
I think the name is poor. It sugggests they were trying to recreate the sound of Colosseum, but they were quite different.

Trane
11-27-2012, 05:45 AM
I felt they were a clumsy attempt at Fusion — good enough to pull the wool over your eyes for a couple of tunes but not enough to carry off a whole album. Add in the horrendous vocals and you may as well throw the albums out the window.

You're being a little harsh, IMHO... By compîling the better tracks of ES and WD, you'd have an excellent JR/F album...
but compiling the tracks missing that cut, you'd have one hell of a turd ;)

I think the name is poor. It sugggests they were trying to recreate the sound of Colosseum, but they were quite different.

Yeah, I didn't think the name was a bright Hiseman idea....

sonic
11-27-2012, 06:06 AM
You're being a little harsh, IMHO...
It hurts doesn't it. :lol
Those guys can play for sure, but vocals aside, they sound like they're all about the chops and compositionally aren't a patch on RTF. I preferred Gary Moore in Skid Row. I think Gary's at his best when he's got some blues going on.

Rarebird
11-27-2012, 07:44 AM

Yeah, I didn't think the name was a bright Hiseman idea....
According to the booklet going with the rerelease of Strange new flesh, it was Gerry Bron, who wanted to be Colosseum (something). So for the sake of a record deal, they did that.

Trane
11-28-2012, 04:45 AM
According to the booklet going with the rerelease of Strange new flesh, it was Gerry Bron, who wanted to be Colosseum (something). So for the sake of a record deal, they did that.

Yeah, you're right Renate

Actually I had read that somewhere too... maybe in Hiseman's biography book...

sotdude
11-28-2012, 10:22 AM
Great band instrumentally speaking-shame they decided to put a few vocal tunes on each album, which weren't all that good. The instrumental tunes though are top notch!

Paul
11-28-2012, 06:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtjDigJ_QQI

yogibear
11-28-2012, 07:12 PM
killer band some good stuff but like all fusiony stuff its only as good as the melodies they jam mutate and modulate against.

thx5150
11-28-2012, 11:23 PM
The Japanese album titled Gary Moore - Spanish Guitar provides all the Colosseum II I want. I found the full albums are a very mixed bag with only a few good songs

JeffCarney
11-29-2012, 01:24 AM
Frankly, if Colosseum II sounded anything like Black Sabbath's "Air Dance" (w/ Airey on keys) from Never Say Die!, I'd listen to them more often.

Incredible group in some ways, but the hard rock MO stuff hasn't aged all that well. And that was probably the best of their various schticks!

JIF
12-07-2012, 12:22 AM
So I really like all their 3 albums, I like Strange new Flesh the most. But I obviously the only one (here) :(I like that album, too. That's the only one by Colosseum II that I have. I also have Valentyne Suite by the first Colosseum. I love the Second Colosseum's version of Down To You. It foreshadows the direction Ms. Mitchell would take later in her career.

Canvas
12-07-2012, 10:55 AM
I've always loved the song "Down To You" from "Strange New Flesh"....I also thought it was female vocals on that one because my original issue CD has almost no info in the booklet....also really like all of "War Dance" and "Electic Savage".....

JeffCarney
12-07-2012, 12:56 PM
I've always loved the song "Down To You" from "Strange New Flesh"....I also thought it was female vocals on that one

Well, the version that matters has female vocals.

gregory
12-07-2012, 05:27 PM
I've always loved the song "Down To You" from "Strange New Flesh"....I also thought it was female vocals on that one because my original issue CD has almost no info in the booklet....also really like all of "War Dance" and "Electic Savage".....
That song was written by Joni Mitchell. But I first heard it on SNF...

mellotron storm
12-08-2012, 12:02 PM
I only have Electric Savage and think it's pretty good. Does anyone else think of Brand X when they hear this band ? Probably just me but...

ThomasKDye
12-08-2012, 12:04 PM
I know this is going to sound like heresy, but I went and bought "War Dance" on Amazon MP3 ... except for the vocal track, based on people's suggestions. Love it. "Electric Savage" is next. Too much out there I want to buy!

sonic
12-08-2012, 12:24 PM
I only have Electric Savage and think it's pretty good. Does anyone else think of Brand X when they hear this band ? Probably just me but...
Nope. Brand X is head and shoulders above this band in every way.

Trane
12-08-2012, 12:38 PM

Not quite... While I tend to think of BX as a bit too show-offy both in virtuoso and songwriting dept, they're miles better than C2

MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER
12-21-2012, 04:02 PM
I only have Electric Savage and think it's pretty good. Does anyone else think of Brand X when they hear this band ? Probably just me but...well, BX didnt really try to emulate anyone elses sound the way C2 sounds like RTF so I would say that BX are at least more original. Still, they are both Brit Fusion Prog so there's that in common

JIF
12-21-2012, 04:54 PM
well, BX didnt really try to emulate anyone elses sound the way C2 sounds like RTF so I would say that BX are at least more original. Still, they are both Brit Fusion Prog so there's that in commonI can hear a difference in C2 and RTF.

Rufus
12-21-2012, 05:49 PM
Any incarnation of Colluseum is head & shoulders above Brand X. And they always had a better drummer by a country mile ˇ

JIF
12-21-2012, 06:39 PM
Any incarnation of Colluseum is head & shoulders above Brand X. And they always had a better drummer by a country mile ˇRufus, why must you bash Phil Collins in every thread that he's mentioned in? As you should've learned in that other thread, you have to face the wraith of many PEers by doing so. Also, Phil is not on every Brand X album.

MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER
12-23-2012, 02:26 AM
I can hear a difference in C2 and RTF.Dont get me wrong; I didn't mean to imply C2 are total copycats. RTF are in a different league. C2 took some obvious compositional cues from them is what I'm saying.

rapidfirerob
12-23-2012, 03:07 AM
Any incarnation of Colluseum is head & shoulders above Brand X. And they always had a better drummer by a country mile ˇ
Brand X were only one of the best fusion bands that recorded and played live.
I love Colosseum II, but not Strange New Flesh. The vocals could have been left off, for me, but even so, they were amazing. If you guys are Gary Moore fans, you should check out Jeff Kollman's album, Silence In The Corridor.

Homburg
12-23-2012, 10:31 AM
The track I love on Electric Savage is 'Lament'. Finest jazz-rock version of a traditional tune that I know!

I have a lot of respect for Jon Hiseman.

MJBrady
12-23-2012, 10:25 PM
I have been a fan of the band since, well a long time back, really loved and played the crap out of Wardance when it came out, as did most of my friends, they were doing that fusion meets hard rock thing that old Journey(Pre-Steve Perry), and Tommy Bolin did, I for one loved it all, and to my ears, old as they are, I like all the albums, not wanting to compare them to RTF, Brand X or anyone else for that matter, they stood on their own merits, very good virtuoso rock musicians doing fusiony stuff, with very nice results, just because of this thread, I put all three on a playlist, and found even the vocal stuff fine, some I prefer more than others, and ideally could make a sort of "greatest non-hits" compilation, but how can one argue with Moore's guitar playing, Airey is a proven player, and Hiseman really takes the energy level to the next level ala Alphonse Mouzon.

Rand Kelly
12-25-2012, 07:18 AM
From recollection Gary Moore sang on the only vocal track on ES and he ain't a bad vocalist !

Gary sings 2 songs, Rivers and Lament on Electric Savage. Neither one interest me that much. Castles is a bit better on War Dance,but Gary had not yet gotten his vocal lessons from Glenn Hughes,so by the time he went through his hard rock and blues phase he was a great singer. I have to believe that Glenn was instrumental(ironically) in helping Gary sing much better.

I would like to recommend Strange New Flesh 2 disc,because the bonus tracks are absolutely killer prog,some sung by Gary,but mostly awesome jazz-fusion in a live setting. There is also a dvd out there from the Sound and Vision series of the BBC. It is considered a boot,but I didn't know it when I bought it. You Tube has the whole thing iirc. I really miss Gary Moore. He died way too soon.

rapidfirerob
12-25-2012, 04:14 PM
Comparing C2 to RTF or Brand X is silly. All great, all completely different.

Rand Kelly
12-26-2012, 04:34 AM

I agree with rapidfirerob 100%.

Trane
12-26-2012, 05:58 AM

Tend to agree with you but drawing parallels between them can be allowed.... but it's much more consistent to compare BX with RTF than either with C2

ThomasKDye
12-29-2012, 01:35 AM
They were doing that fusion meets hard rock thing that old Journey(Pre-Steve Perry), and Tommy Bolin did

It's funny to read this; a lot of this reminds me of the general atmosphere of Journey's "Kohoutek" and "Topaz," particularly "Fighting Talk" from War Dance.

Rand Kelly
12-31-2012, 07:43 AM
It's funny to read this; a lot of this reminds me of the general atmosphere of Journey's "Kohoutek" and "Topaz," particularly "Fighting Talk" from War Dance.

Never would have thought of this on my own,but,now that you mention it...I can see it. Schon/Hammer Untold Passion is in the same mold(I really wish I would have found one of these on cd.)

Hyfi
04-09-2013, 06:57 AM
If you guys are Gary Moore fans, you should check out Jeff Kollman's album, Silence In The Corridor.

Just picked this up after Guitar Screams Live and with Chad Smith and The Meatbats.

Jeff is a killer player and the Silence disk showcases about 8 different styles including one that sounds just like Acoustic Alchemy.

Good call!

rapidfirerob
04-09-2013, 11:35 AM
Just picked this up after Guitar Screams Live and with Chad Smith and The Meatbats.

Jeff is a killer player and the Silence disk showcases about 8 different styles including one that sounds just like Acoustic Alchemy.

Good call!
Silence In The Corridor is excellent.

Heepster69
07-30-2014, 09:42 AM
[QUOTE=Progbear;10696]I may have heard a song or two in passing; they’ve sort of always been on my back burner but I never got around to buying them for whatever reason. Weirdly, I know their singer (Mike Starrs) better via his work with Lucifer’s Friend.

-------------

http://www.travellersintime.com/UniversalWheels/Starrs2014.html

grego
07-30-2014, 07:21 PM
Liked them back in the days, when the grass was greener) "On Second Thoughts", "Winds", "Castles"..lots of good stuff on 3 albums. BTW, on Webber's "Variations" album you can hear this band too.

yoyiceu
07-30-2014, 07:31 PM
I also like Strange New Flesh the most... seems more original , mainly because of the vocals, than the later kind of generic fusion offerings. Of course, I prefer both Tempest albums that Hiseman recorded between Colosseum I and II, with Holdsworth and (later) Halsall on guitar. Holdsworth work on Tempest I, in a rockier somewhat Claptonian mode, is my favorite of his whole career, at least that I've heard.

MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER
07-30-2014, 07:34 PM
on Webber's "Variations" album you can hear this band too.that album is a must have for C2 fans

Rarebird
07-31-2014, 05:22 AM
that album is a must have for C2 fans

Perhaps the best thing Andrew Lloyd Webber ever did.

Heepster69
08-27-2014, 08:41 AM
Electric Savage and War Dance are excellent rock/jazz mostly instrumental albums.

They had a lead vocalist on the first album, there is some good stuff there but more uneven.

http://www.travellersintime.com/UniversalWheels/Starrs2014.html

TheH
08-27-2014, 09:06 AM
Some funny stuff from Mike Starrs :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j1sQD-B-OE

Rand Kelly
08-28-2014, 03:38 PM
I was lucky one day about 15 years ago and happened to score a Japanese copy of Electric Savage on cd. I love that album and I love War Dance. Hell,in 1979 in my first band Meltdown(3 Mile Island had just almost had one) we played Fighting Talk and of course,nobody knew what that was or had heard of Gary Moore. I agree with whoever above said the bonus tracks on Strange New Flesh were good,but I think that live stuff on disc 2 is superior to all the tunes on there mainly because I am not a fan of Mike Starrs,sorry his voice grates on me bad. The one saving grace on there is Don Airey's Dark Side Of The Moog,wow! that's a cool tune. I didn't know that it was Gerry Bron that wanted them to go with C2 though,that was news to me. Jon Hiseman is fantastic on all 3 of these albums and of course,Gary is just amazing and I really miss that guy.

Rand Kelly
08-28-2014, 03:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwvzYvyBZT4

yesstiles
02-26-2017, 01:52 AM
"Strange New Flesh" has grown on me big time. I love that album now.

"Down To You" is one of the greatest cover tunes ever done. Just beautiful. I'm not too big a fan of the bookend tracks on Side 1, but everything else is really fantastic.

Steve983
02-26-2017, 02:56 AM
I first saw them on Sight & Sound in about '77 at the tender age of 14, I was blown away. Wardance and Electric Savage were two of the first albums I ever owned. RIP Gary Moore and John Mole. Great to see Don Airey still rocking all these years.

PS Gary Moore's Back On The Streets has some leftover Colloseum II track's on it too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifHh2LzibK4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HARBco0n2oA

JJ88
02-26-2017, 04:01 AM
I don't think I cared for Strange New Flesh beyond 'Dark Side Of The Moog'. Not crazy about the vocals and there are a lot of them.

I like what I've heard from the following two albums a litrle more, and it's a shame that they are not easy to get on CD. This budget collection has about 75% of each album (and the Moore MCA solo album), which is something:

https://www.discogs.com/Gary-Moore-Colosseum-II-Streets-And-Walkways-The-Best-Of-Gary-Moore-Colosseum-II/release/6854852

Having said that I don't think Colosseum II was as consistently strong as its predecessor by any means.

yesstiles
02-26-2017, 04:22 AM
I don't think I cared for Strange New Flesh beyond 'Dark Side Of The Moog'. Not crazy about the vocals and there are a lot of them.

There are a couple songs on Strange New Flesh where the vocals are a bit over the top and not the best I agree. However, the way his vocals blend with the music on "Down To You" and "On Second Thoughts" is just intoxicating imo.

Mascodagama
02-26-2017, 05:21 AM
I had these on cassette tape as a teenager in the eighties and thought they were pretty good. Re-listened recently and it sounded very much second rate - not much going on but chops, and the vocals were never a highlight.

Camelogue
02-27-2017, 12:29 PM
All good except "Strange New Flesh."

arturs
02-27-2017, 02:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwvzYvyBZT4

I have only ever heard Strange New Flesh before today; at least with Starrs C2 was distinctive. This show, while technically very good, sounds like it could be any one of 100 fusion bands.

MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER
02-27-2017, 02:15 PM
There's a 4th album with C2 as the main musicians and it's pretty good too

Andrew Lloyd Weber - Variations

MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER
02-27-2017, 02:16 PM
All good except "Strange New Flesh."

heh... there may have been 2 good tracks on SNF though IIRC

grego
03-01-2017, 07:13 PM
Strange New Flesh is nice one, I have 2CD version, which includes outtakes, most of them quite fine. I like Electric Savage. War Dance as I recall is a bit repeatable. ALW's Variations features great performances from the band, Gary Moore's playing is outstanding.

Steve983
03-02-2017, 03:14 AM
For fans of Colosseum II, Cozy Powell's album Over The Top is well worth checking out too. Features Moore & Airey on some tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6SH901lbMc

Thomas
04-12-2017, 04:20 PM
I got into Colosseum II during my late teens, when Gary Moore was my favourite guitarist. I bought every album he played on that I could find, which led to me expanding my musical horizons. Therefore, the Colosseum II albums, including Variations, have a special place in my musical shrine. Having said that, I preferred the music without vocals, especially Mike Starrs vocals that I really didn't appreciate.

Zaragon
04-12-2017, 04:52 PM
Wardance is in my top 1% of albums from 1977 (https://rateyourmusic.com/list/Zaragon/1977___and_it_feels_like_heaven_), foremost on the strength of the stratospheric "Star Maiden / Mysterioso / Quasar (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-tIMgtUnQ0)," the heavenly ballad "Castles (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jadckPXtP8)," and the delectable "Major Keys (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQn3M1BsQXc)" — one of my top five rock instrumentals (https://rateyourmusic.com/collection/Zaragon/stag/fusion/) from anyone. The other two albums are also superb (https://rateyourmusic.com/list/Zaragon/albums_from_england___c/5/), especially Strange New Flesh, which contains more vocals than subsequent work and finds them at a stylistic mid-ground between the expressionistic hard rock of Tempest — Hiseman's preceding project — and the chromatic maximalism of contemporaries Isotope, Brand X, Skywhale (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eKnura5Xx4), and Jeff Beck's Blow by Blow and Wired albums.

Pekka
04-14-2017, 09:13 AM
PS Gary Moore's Back On The Streets has some leftover Colloseum II track's on it too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifHh2LzibK4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HARBco0n2oA

Basically they are not Colosseum II leftovers but intended for his solo album that was originally planned to be a mostly instrumental fusion stuff. That's why Simon Phillips plays the drums instead of Hiseman. Anyway, it evolved into a mixed bag with rock tracks with Lynott and Downey and fusion stuff with Phillips, Airey and Mole. The title track features Phillips and Airey 'though with Lynott only on backing vocals.

"Song For Donna" is a bit cheesy ballad and "What Would You Rather Bee Or a Wasp" is riddled with funk-fusion cliches but I really like "Hurricane" even 'though it's almost like "Quadrant 4" and "Flight Of The Snow Moose".

TheH
04-14-2017, 11:06 AM
I also like this overlooked album of Colosseum and Colosseum II guys with Rod Argent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR3iTm2Eknw

Zaragon
08-28-2018, 03:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaoZ7JAyRGQ

MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER
08-28-2018, 12:08 PM
is that you Zaragon?

Zaragon
08-28-2018, 12:12 PM
Yes, I've just started a channel.

noni
08-28-2018, 01:18 PM
I also like this overlooked album of Colosseum and Colosseum II guys with Rod Argent

First time I've seen this album, will need to check this out

Gizmotron
08-28-2018, 04:27 PM
Another fan from The Olden Days (1979) when I heard a friend's copy of "War Dance." I recently bought the CD to replace my old cassette. Most of it holds up fairly well to me...a few tracks don't quite have the luster that i remembered. And I really don't care for the vocal track anymore. But it is still a great album.

I didn't have much of a feel for "Electric Savage" but based on the opinions here I just ordered it. So...thanks!!

noni
08-28-2018, 07:11 PM

Cannot find a site for me to get this album.:(

Can anyone find any links please... :)

TheH
08-30-2018, 07:13 AM

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/2928051?ev=rb

noni
08-30-2018, 08:42 AM
https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/2928051?ev=rb

This is only in LP form. :(

Trane
08-30-2018, 08:50 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaoZ7JAyRGQ

you're exactly as I figured you would be. ;)

But I'm still mildly surprised that your personae would like prog at all, even after all those years of virtual presence.

Zaragon
08-30-2018, 02:45 PM
you're exactly as I figured you would be. ;)

But I'm still mildly surprised that your personae would like prog at all, even after all those years of virtual presence.

I just posted a video about Brand X (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fptJCRzizvU), and will hopefully get to videos on Colosseum, Tempest, and Gary Moore when time allows. My first, this past weekend, was a video on Genesis b-sides (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyHvLaUCpFI). To avoid pigeonholing, I plan to alternate my to-do list with videos on jazz/post-bop/fusion, pop/New Wave/MOR, soul/funk/disco, hard rock/metal/AOR, and avant/prog/Zeuhl. So if I manage to do two videos per day excepting my writing due-dates — Tuesdays and Thursdays for now — I might manage a video on a symphonic or classifiably "prog" band/artist once every 10 days.

noni
08-31-2018, 02:43 AM
No CD links then? :(

MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER
08-31-2018, 03:32 AM

no CD, only LP
https://www.cdandlp.com/en/rod-argent-barbara-thompson-jon-hiseman-clem/shadowshow/lp/r3074931167/

Bake 1
08-31-2018, 02:51 PM

A ridiculous bit of trolling or are you basically going to a restaurant just so you can fart in public? Hiseman would never have been dumb or ass-holic enough to have believed or said the above. Any attentive listener or drummer w/ a hint of rudimentary skills would acknowledge that Katz, Grohowski, Dennard, Bruford and Collins all have done excellent work in Brand X.