PDA

View Full Version : Destroyed records

Jymbot
11-24-2012, 11:31 AM
CORTES & RAMALHO "PAEBIRU" fact that it is a fantastic cosmic-jungle-steam-trip , likely makes this 2-lp set South America's most expensive/wanted psych 70s

Surprieze - Zeer oude klanken Dutch private press '73

Rayne - same

Dryewater - same

Warpig - 2nd press

moecurlythanu
11-24-2012, 11:47 AM
What ya sayin' W? You found these in the wild, trashed?

Jymbot
11-24-2012, 12:36 PM
Wobblays wot were trashed by band members in a fit of pique/ frustration at no sales.
Wobblays gone to warehouse floods, fires...
Wobblays crucified en mass and thus rendered unplayable.

Progbear
11-24-2012, 03:08 PM
Only ever saw one copy of the U.S. release of NEU! ’75 (on Capitol!). The idiot who applied the cutout hole punched right through the vinyl, so the first minute or so of each side was completely unplayable. I didn’t notice this defect until I got it home. I got a full refund and eventually got the Brain label issue.

-------------
MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

"'Thin Thighs For Your Man.' But I don't *like* men with thin thighs" --Daria

N.P.:“The Cunning Man”-Twelfth Night/The Electra Tape

Levgan
11-24-2012, 04:01 PM
Apparently most copies of Tyburn Tall LP were destroyed in a fire, which is why it's a four-digit item now.

helicase
11-24-2012, 04:53 PM
Here's a few you don't want to get scratched:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/nov/22/britains-rarest-record-yours-200000

bigbassdrum
11-30-2012, 09:27 AM
Taylor Swift is 'destroying records' ..... I seen it on the Internets

BIG MACHINE RECORDS artist TAYLOR SWIFT is breaking more records with her newest album, “Red.” Her song, “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” is sitting at the #1 spot on BILLBOARD’s Hot Country Songs chart for seven weeks in a row, becoming her longest running #1. Previously, SWIFT’s debut single in 2007 “Our Song” sat at the #1 spot for six weeks.

Her album “Red” has been at the top of BILLBOARD’s sales chart for the 3rd week in a row. It has sold over 1.8 million copies in the UNITED STATES and another million copies outside of the U.S. It has topped the sales charts in 42 countries. Total sales throughout SWIFT’s lifetime exceeds 26 million albums and 75 million song downloads.

Trane
11-30-2012, 09:32 AM
Subway's sole album was also destroyed in a fire for its majority of the stock

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=15440

Excellent album, btw

Dave (in MA)
11-30-2012, 01:00 PM
Don't know wtf a wobblay is, but...
http://pixhost.me/avaxhome/2007-03-27/arek_033.jpg

rcarlberg
11-30-2012, 02:58 PM
Only ever saw one copy of the U.S. release of NEU! ’75 (on Capitol!). The idiot who applied the cutout hole punched right through the vinyl, so the first minute or so of each side was completely unplayable. I didn’t notice this defect until I got it home. I got a full refund and eventually got the Brain label issue.My US copy had the front cover applied upside down. Some good QC at Billingsgate, eh???

Progbear
11-30-2012, 04:44 PM
My US copy had the front cover applied upside down. Some good QC at Billingsgate, eh???

Only the first album was released on Billingsgate. There seems to be some sort of mythology about the Capitol release of NEU! ’75 but trust me, it exists (in a single-panel cover as opposed to the gatefold that houses the Brain edition).

Many copies of the album Psychodelic Sounds (http://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/jr__and_his_soulettes/psychodelic_sounds/) by Jr. and His Soulettes were destroyed in the shrink-wrapping process (the band members’ father, also their manager and the man responsible for the record existing at all, was operating the shrink-wrap machine in his brother’s butcher shop, and apparently applied too much heat, ruining a mess of albums by melting the vinyl!).

-------------
MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

"'Thin Thighs For Your Man.' But I don't *like* men with thin thighs" --Daria

N.P.:“Изгнание бесов / Погружаясь в сон / Плач блуждающей девы / Спазмы рассудка / Оковы славы / Прочь из этих мест / Изгнание бесов / Катарсис”-Сепсис/Литургия безумия

rcarlberg
11-30-2012, 05:34 PM
Hmmm, mayhaps you're right Mike. It was s/t not Neu '75.

moecurlythanu
11-30-2012, 08:05 PM
Her album “Red” has been at the top of BILLBOARD’s sales chart for the 3rd week in a row. It has sold over 1.8 million copies in the UNITED STATES and another million copies outside of the U.S. It has topped the sales charts in 42 countries.

You wouldn't think you could do so well these days doing a cover version of a King Crimson album.

strawberrybrick
11-30-2012, 08:40 PM
You wouldn't think you could do so well these days doing a cover version of a King Crimson album.

It's the lips, really.

Rune Blackwings
12-01-2012, 07:10 AM
was copying albums to the computer for my dad and a mysterious chunk was missing from one of his Baja Marimba Band albums. It affect the first track on either side only...

rcarlberg
12-02-2012, 09:55 AM
Not "en masse" but I've seen lots of individual pressing errors -- LP labels so off-center they impede on the grooves, center holes drilled off-center, LPs with the wrong music, etc.

Another "destroyed album" would be Brian Eno's "My Squelchy Life," withdrawn from release after a few test cassettes because Brian was off in another direction and wasn't happy with it. Too bad, it's one of his better.