PDA

View Full Version : Esoteric January releases

Esoteric
11-22-2012, 09:33 AM
Hi guys

November releases now all in with the exception of the 2 Hawkwind related titles--- due in the next few days.

These are

String Driven Thing--String Driven Thing
Greatest Show on Earth-Horizons-- Excellent melodic Jazz Rock
Greatest Show on Earth-The Goings Easy

Hawkwind Light Orchestra-Stellar Variations (current Hawkwind line up with the exception of Tim)--new studio album
Dave Brock--Looking for Love in the Lost Land of Dreams- new studio album -1st solo album for very many years

Ian Matthews--If You Saw thro' My Eyes (with Sandy Denny, Richard Thompson, Tim Renwick, Andy Roberts) Highly regarded folk rock
Ian Matthews-Tigers will survive
Matthews Southern Comfort-A Kind of New (2CD edition)--new studio album

Tangerine Dream Bootleg box (7 disc) Vol 1--splendid box set.

very limited edition vinyls (250) of Bill Nelsons debut album Nothern Dream now in--absolutely beautiful exact replica with great photo book etc.

very limited edition vinyl (200) of Ken Hensleys Love and Other Mysteries now in with purple vinyl

Limited edition vinyl (500) of Tangerine Dreams Atem-

These are all up on the website www.esotericrecordings.com

Januarys titles will be as follows

Life Signs--Life signs--New studio album from a new band with John Young, Nick Beggs, Frosty Beadle (ex Cutting Crew) with guests • Steve Hackett, Thijs Van Leer, Jakko Jakszyk & Robin Boult. . terrific melodic prog, long songs, heavy on the keyboards. We really like this one.

Barclay James Harvest-Turn of the Tide-A reissue/remaster for this after many years.
Barclay james Harvest-Eyes of the Universe

Spriguns--Revel, Weird and Wild--fantastic folk rock-very highly regarded
Spriguns-Time will Pass

Keith Tippett Group-You are here---I am There--Very highly regarded jazz rock
keith Tippett Group-Dedicated to You but you weren't listening

The Gods--Genesis-2 Cd edition (with original mono mix)--With Ken Hensley and Lee Kerslake
The Gods-To Samuel A Son

The January titles wont be up on the website for a couple of weeks

we still of course have several artists out on the road at the moment in the UK.

Panic Room continue their tour dates to promote "Skin" --excellent live band, all the dates on www.panicroom.org or on the Esoteric website-although I believe the Darlington date is not on as venue has closed!!

Ian Matthews is on tour with Matthews Southern Comfort--Ian has put these dates together himself, he was Im sure you know a founding member of Fairport, has a fab voice and Im looking forward to seeing him myself-- again all the dates are on the Esoteric website

www.esotericrecordings.com

Rarebird
11-22-2012, 10:48 AM
String Driven Thing--String Driven Thing
The Gods--Genesis-2 Cd edition (with original mono mix)--With Ken Hensley and Lee Kerslake
The Gods-To Samuel A Son

How is the String Driven Thing compared with The machine that cried?

What is the difference between the new rereleases of the albums by The Gods and the editions on Repertoire (exept for the mono-version)?

Esoteric
11-22-2012, 11:06 AM
The main difference on the Gods is that EMI tell us that Repertoire do not have a current licence on these titles and havent for quite a while. I appreciate they are "out there" but not sure if they are old copies. The sales notes will all be up there on website/Amazon etc in around 2 weeks so trackwise you will be able to see then. I dont have a Repertoire copy here to hand, so couldnt say.

Rarebird
11-22-2012, 01:35 PM
The main difference on the Gods is that EMI tell us that Repertoire do not have a current licence on these titles and havent for quite a while. I appreciate they are "out there" but not sure if they are old copies. The sales notes will all be up there on website/Amazon etc in around 2 weeks so trackwise you will be able to see then. I dont have a Repertoire copy here to hand, so couldnt say.
Well, the online store that buy most of my CD's from, still offers them for a resonable price.

Esoteric
11-22-2012, 01:45 PM
ut of interest Rarebird--where do you buy from?

Rarebird
11-22-2012, 02:03 PM
ut of interest Rarebird--where do you buy from?
Bol.com, because paying is easy and I can do it when I've received the product.

enpdllp
11-22-2012, 02:32 PM
Vicky:

Any updates on FM's catalog?

Thanks in advance,
José

Esoteric
11-22-2012, 02:45 PM
They will be Feb releases--just taking delivery of the audio.

helicase
11-22-2012, 05:54 PM
Keith Tippett Group-You are here---I am There
Great! I've been looking for the long OOP Disconforme issue of this for ages, but no luck. So this one goes straight to the top of the to-buy list. Esoteric strikes again :)

walt
11-23-2012, 09:34 AM
Keith Tippett Group-You are here---I am There

Looking forward to this.

Hobo Chang Ba
11-24-2012, 04:13 AM
Looking forward to this.

Ditto!

presdoug
11-24-2012, 02:57 PM
Is it possible that Esoteric will release former Triumvirat musician Helmut Koellen's solo album You Won't See Me on CD?

Esoteric
11-27-2012, 01:34 PM
I will ask Mark about that one.

Stumpybunker
12-05-2012, 04:08 PM
These look great, as always! One question- any idea when the next round of Bill Nelson release will be, and if I may be so bold, what they will be. Cheers for all the great work!

Esoteric
12-05-2012, 05:02 PM
We dont have any scheduled in for either Jan/feb or March as we have a lot of titles that we contractually have to get out before then including quite a few new studio releases in March