PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know what happened to mindawn.com?

mogilevs
11-20-2012, 06:21 AM
I can't open it for several weeks.

JKL2000
11-20-2012, 07:08 AM
I can ping it. Maybe it's out of business.

Reginod
11-20-2012, 09:51 AM
Is this its successor?

http://www.therecordlabel.net/

mogilevs
11-20-2012, 10:03 AM
Is this its successor?
http://www.therecordlabel.net/
Not exactly. Mindawn is (was) their online shop for selling digital.

Duncan Glenday
11-20-2012, 10:14 AM
Send a PM to PE member "Paige".

Paige
11-30-2012, 07:09 PM
There was a catastrophic RAID failure I'm told, this is what Shawn said "The RAID5 was set up to handle a single HD failure with a hot swap, but 2 HD's went down at the same time. We've managed to sector copy a bad drive to the good hot swap with just a handful of errors, but are consulting a variety of RAID experts before we try to rebuild it in this configuration so that we can recover up to the minute data, it is taking longer than we hoped or expected because we really only have one shot, otherwise we have to fall back to older than desired data". So that is what I know, there is now a place holder web page set up just so people don't think there it has shut down.

amatala
01-21-2013, 08:00 AM
Well, it's been many months now and the site is still down... no matter how catastrophic the failure, it should not take that long to fix. Even the placeholder is now gone... so I'm afraid the site is gone for good... Damn! I still had so many albums I wanted to buy from them... :-(

Paige
01-22-2013, 12:28 AM
no it is not gone for good, but I'm glad to hear there is a RAID expert here that can help out. I don't know why the placeholder is gone, will check with Shawn, he might not be aware of it. From what I'm told, when they installed a new OS to support some new hardware, they hadn't secured it yet and has subsequently gotten hacked 3 times, which has lost a lot of time recovering. I believe they have all that about done so they can go back to the RAID recovery. Worst case it will be recovered from an old backup, they are just trying to not loose that history.

amatala
01-22-2013, 04:31 AM
Thanks for the update - nothing to do but wait... and hope for the best!

amatala
04-16-2013, 07:58 AM
Well I'm done hoping - no failure cant take that long to recover. They probably went under and did not want to declare bankruptcy...
It was good while it lasted, but Bandcamp is getting stronger every day and CD Baby have also started selling lossless downloads recently, so still plenty of music left to buy!

Bruce
04-24-2013, 08:35 AM
I've been waiting to see how long it would take Shawn and Paige to tell what really happened. It's a very interesting story.
Well I'm done hoping - no failure cant take that long to recover. They probably went under and did not want to declare bankruptcy...
It was good while it lasted, but Bandcamp is getting stronger every day and CD Baby have also started selling lossless downloads recently, so still plenty of music left to buy!

Gruno
04-24-2013, 11:27 AM
I've been waiting to see how long it would take Shawn and Paige to tell what really happened. It's a very interesting story.

Is it a story that you know?

Bruce
04-24-2013, 11:58 AM
Yes, quite well. I also know why ProgRock Records became theRecordlabel and why theKompany.com is no longer visible.I will be issuing a statement once I have it cleared by counsel.
Is it a story that you know?

Steve F.
05-30-2015, 09:39 PM
Still waiting!